I found this is very useful but don't know if this is the right place to post. anyway have a look.
    Here are my top 3 business email etiquette tips that have worked well for me and many others:

#1 � Never flag business emails with �high priority�

If an email is important enough that it warrants �high priority� (i.e. that red exclamation point in most email programs), then it warrants a face-to-face conversation, phone call, or urgent voicemail.
    Don�t �drop bombs� in email by sending high priority messages. Just seek out the people you are sending the message to and talk to them.
    #2 � Never use BCC in business emails

If you need someone to see an email you sent, forward it to them from your sent items. Never use BCC � if people ever find out that you use it, they will likely never trust your email conversations again.
    Since the reader of a BCC email can �reply to all� they can easily �reveal� that they are on the email.
    #3 � Make your emails easy to read

Most people are dealing with an email �avalanche� every single day. Create messages that are easy to scan, and don�t take a lot of effort to read.
    Keep your emails as concise as possible. Write it, and then try to cut it in half!
    Bulleted lists are your friend � use bulleted lists (which are easy to scan) whenever possible. If you are sending messages to Blackberry users, you can use an * (i.e. shift plus the number eight) as a bullet. Try to limit your use of long paragraphs of copy.
    If you are using formatting in your emails, use black text for normal content. Use red text for eye-catching, must-read content (and bad news). Use green text for good news.
    11-17-09 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD