Ok, i can recieve Texts but when i try to send a SMS text my 8110 texts have a clock to the left of the name to whom i sent it and it says "Pending" below the sent to name, all of my out going Texts dont make it...how frustrating, i hope this isnt going to be a struggle like this all the time with this new phone.
    any hints on what exactly i did wrong here?
    thanks
    Scott
    08-25-08 09:08 PM
    Have you reset your device? For Pearl users, there's Soft Reset from GeekandProud: SoftReset)

If a soft reset doesn't solve your problem, you can do a harder reset by taking out the battery with the phone on. Leave it out for about 30 seconds. Put it back. Among other things, that will force a rebuild of the indexes and reload the operating system into contiguous memory and may fix the problem.

NOTE: When you pull the battery, there is a very slight risk of corrupting your OS, resulting in your having to wipe / reload your device. Be sure to perform a backup before the battery pull. If you can resolve your problem by a SoftReset, you should. You should only pull the battery if the phone is locked up, or you can't SoftReset, or SoftReset doesn't solve the problem.
    08-25-08 09:57 PM
    did you perhaps set the delay on the messages as to when to send? I havent dug around there for a bit, but if the battery pull/soft reset doesnt do it, check around in the options for that, I swear i saw an option in there to delay sending.

Just found it:

Options -> SMS Text -> delivery period. Hope that helps. I'm new to BB's as well :P
    08-26-08 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD