Hello - figured out how to unlock the themes, went through them and picked what I want to keep. How do I get rid of the others?

Thanks,
    08-06-08 11:09 PM
    It should be under advanced and applications in your options. Just locate the theme(s) you want to delete and delete away lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 11:11 PM
    One step ahead of me, yep, options->advanced->applications and delete the ones you don't want.

08-06-08 11:14 PM
    Thanks - that's the first thing I checked but they are not there. I unlocked the themes from the alx file. Is that why? Do I have to go back and edit that file and load again?....grrr

I checked under themes too and there is no delete there either.

They are eating up a ton of memory!
    08-06-08 11:22 PM
    The should be under your Applications - maybe with odd names. If not, load up the Desktop Manager and remove them that way.
    08-06-08 11:47 PM
    These will not be under the applications because they are technically seen by the device as default carrier themes, which cannot be removed in that fashion...

You either need to edit the .alx to remove the ones you do not want or follow stoner's procedure to edit the java folder and remove the carrier themes you do not desire (remember that the ones with different vendor numbers are loaded since you modded the .alx)!!

08-06-08 11:50 PM
    On WAP so I do not wanna attempt editing my post...

You cannot remove thru Desktop Manager either... Only by editing the .alx or .cods!!

08-06-08 11:51 PM
    grrrr. thanks - back to the .alx. Many thanks! I did find a cool one from Orange that I like.
    08-07-08 12:01 AM
    editing the alx files does not work - not familiar with cods...shoot. My 15 minute project has turned in 2 hours. I am going to try Stoners procedure.

Thanks!

Checked out Stoner's guide - I had used it to free up memory in the past. I could not edit the java theme folders because the ones I needed were not there so I downloaded Crackmem and it worked, it removed all the extra themes and I took out the pre-installed wallpaper too. There was one theme that I wanted (the orange zen one) and now it's gone but I'm back in business.

Thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by Miz.Michele; 08-07-08 at 01:29 AM. Reason: update
    08-07-08 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD