What could be a really cool phone is really frustrating me. I am having all sorts of problems with it. For some reason the desktop manager, and my phone itself, does not seem to recognize that I have a memory card. When I try to download music, the music file on the device memory does not even detect. Also my address book is not working, all it gives me is my SIM card addresses and it does not convert to my device even when I try to "copy address book" - it still tells me that I have no personal contacts.

I want to use the phone for everything that it is capable of, but right now it feels like I have a dud, and I'm sure it is user error. Maybe. Maybe I did buy a lemon. Can anyone help me and restore my faith in Blackberry? I am looking at my bf's iphone with envy.
    01-27-08 12:20 PM
    I am having memory card problems as well, but my problems are quite different from your problems. The device itself (8100 pearl) has no trouble recognizing the memory card. I've heard that not having up to date software can cause problems with the phone not seeing the memory card.

As for the personal contacts...are you sure you have contacts on your sim? If you do have contacts on your sim card, you should be able to see them when you switch over to your sim phone book. (Address Book -> Menu -> SIM Phone Book) ...mine takes half a minute or so to load...be patient. If you still have no contacts showing, that would explain why your Address Book is empty after copying your SIM Phone Book.

In case anyone else has read this far....I'd like to take a moment to be selfish (some of this info may help you rickyTO):

I have the latest software offered by my carrier for my device (4.2.1.96/AT&T/8100). Also, I've tried virtually every combination of the Media Card options (options -> advanced options -> memory card) and currently have it set to ON, None, On, Prompt. That screen also displays the proper amount of data on the card 3.7GB. After trying multiple cables with multiple computers (including various operating systems), I'm at a loss as to what needs to be done inorder to use my media card. The device uses the media card for pictures; however, no computer is recognizing the device as a mass storage device nor is the media manager seeing anything besides the device memory.

Any suggestions?
    01-27-08 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD