I did a hard reset last night. When an email comes to my phone it's not making a sound. My alarm is working and my ringtones are working so it's not a sound issue, but for some reason the message tone wont alert me when a message is received. I edited the profile exactly like it was before the hard reset. Help!
    08-28-08 11:58 AM
    By hard reset, do you mean you pulled the battery, or that you wiped the phone and reinstalled the OS? Since you had to edit the message profile, does that mean you did not restore from a backup? If you didn't restore from a backup, make one and then try a Alt-R.Shft-del or a battery pull and see if that corrects the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 12:27 PM
    I wiped the phone. I didn't restore from a backup. I just tried the backup/battery pull and the tone is still not working.
    08-28-08 12:38 PM
    That suggests the possibility that something has not yet been restored properly since the wipe. Now that you have a current backup, if you have a pre-wipe backup, can you restore from it and see if the tone returns? If you can and it does, then you know the problem is in your new install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD