check out the last sentence that I copy and pasted below from the website, I cant get this to work on my phone for anything, how about anyone else...whenever I do that the symbol field comes up

BlackBerry - SureType

SureType� is an innovative keyboard technology that supports the advanced messaging features that serious users require. Through an integrated keyboard and software system, SureType effectively combines a traditional phone keypad and a familiar QWERTY-based keyboard to create an efficient and familiar typing experience.

SureType allows users to quickly and accurately compose messages using single-handed operation or two-handed thumb-typing — without the limitations of traditional phone keypads. There are no dual keypads, peripherals or hardware transformations required and there is no need to learn a new way to type. Since the software understands what you're typing, you can concentrate on composing your message rather than on the input method. You can also switch to the multi-tap input method when desired by pressing and holding the * key in a text input field.
    02-07-08 09:43 PM
    that doesnt work on the 8130 I think...

-db
    02-08-08 04:56 AM
    Correct db, the SureType toggle shortcut was available on the 8100 but has been rmoved with OS 4.3 on the 8130. Apparently RIM hasn't updated their docs.
    Last edited by GadgetGeek; 02-08-08 at 05:14 AM.
    02-08-08 05:03 AM
    menu>enable multitap....

that's how I roll...

-db
    02-08-08 05:16 AM
    would be nice to have a shortcut. thanks for trying grim.
    02-08-08 06:31 AM
    I agree dacur, a shortcut for that would be phenomenal... I went from a 7130e to an 8130 and this is quite possibly the thing I miss the most. As a matter of fact I can't think of anything else that I miss at all... just that silly little shortcut!

Thumbwheel? What's a thumbwheel?
    02-08-08 08:18 AM
    yeah I knew it didnt work but was wondering if I was doing something wrong. It is such an easy short cut to put in, you would think they would have it included unless they are trying to forcefeed the suretype.
    02-08-08 10:05 AM
    Yeah I'm surprised it was removed in 4.3. Maybe it will make a return in 4.5

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-08 12:11 PM
    If it is added to the next version. How do you get the next version?
    02-13-08 03:58 PM
    you should be able to update your OS when it is released...

-db
    02-13-08 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD