Hi guys,

So for some reason my Blackberry is so damn slow it takes up to a minute sometimes to respond, i've tried rebooting it, i've removed the battery for a hard reboot and it still just sucks. Its slow and almost unusable, only had it for about 3-4 months. Any help on tuning it? its pretty much default...

Also, the battery life just dies, it cant go a full day of standby. But my gmail is on it so it gets email all day, is that a factor in the battery life? Or is there a way I can switch so my email doesnt automatically send to my phone, is there a place I can send/recieve?

Thanks guys!! Super frustrated!
    -Metal
    09-10-08 01:53 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The first thing to check is your file free memory. Options / Status.

Out of the box, it started with less then 10 Mb free. If you have completed the setup wizard, you will have removed all the secondary languages to get about 16 Mb free.

If low memory is the issue, nothing beats CrackMem for ease of use and effective memory cleaning.

I am gettng 24 Mb after using CrackMem.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/
    09-10-08 02:03 PM
    The problem may be that your device memory is full.

Go to check your file free memory by going to OPTIONS>STATUS and if it is less than 12,000,000 BYTES then you need to clear up space.

Not on your media card, but on your phone.

Make sure your media is saved to your media card and not your device.

Delete all unnecessary media or information on the device itself.

Clear call log, messages, and make sure you don't have any applications running by doing this:

ESC(BACK KEY)+ALT (brings up an applications window)

These are your running APPS, now go to one you don't want to be running and open it. MENU>CLOSE. This should close your application to free some file space.

HINT: Don't "esc" or "back" out of your applications, make sure you always CLOSE them if you don't need them. ESC'ing just hides the apps, but is using space still.

Now go back to your FILE FREE and check it, if it is not 8-12,000,000 BYTES then call your wireless provider to get more help.
    05-08-09 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD