I recently got a tmobile 8100 from a friend. I believe it was a company phone, so I did the "policy.bin" procedure and got it done. I have a tmobile sim card so all I did was put it in. Now on the home screen I got "Data Connection Refused" where the name Tmobile is supposed to be. Is there any way to get rid of that. Maybe this would have a connection with me recieving MMS messages. When I send a picture to the phone and try to retrieve it. I wouldn't retrieve anything. Can anyone help?
    03-03-09 01:39 PM
    is the phone locked?!?! you have to have a code to unlock the phone.... the Policy.bin won't get you around that ...
    03-03-09 04:25 PM
    I don't think I need to unlock the phone right? being that I already have a tmobile sim card, and the phone is a tmobile phone. or do I still need to? I make and recieve calls fine, and also sms messages. But when I'd recieve mms messages and try to retrieve the video/picture, I wouldn't get anything
    03-03-09 06:47 PM
    Do you have a data package?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 09:34 PM
    no I don't...but, my bb 8310 doesn't have the data package either and that's able to recieve videos/pictures through mms.
    03-04-09 03:48 AM
    no I don't...but, my bb 8310 doesn't have the data package either and that's able to recieve videos/pictures through mms.
    my thoughts is this, I know my dad has Tmobile and has a 8100- does not have the data package - he cannot rec. pix/vid's either, was the 8130 you had on tmo?!?!
    03-04-09 07:15 AM
    actually my 8310 was an AT&T phone, but I had it unlocked, and I used my tmobile sim card, but I don't have a data package.
    03-04-09 03:18 PM
    well I guess your right..no data package, no mms..i guess.
    But 1 thing I just noticed also is that, I looked under my internet settings and it's blank...I looked under my internet settings in my 8310, and there is tmobile tzones. I tried to add/change the settings in the 8100 but I have no choices, can't do anything to it.
    03-04-09 03:21 PM
    if it WAS a company phone it might have been locked by the company IT guy for networking purposes and tracking ability from the company.
    I'd ask the person who gave it to you, if IT at his or her job ever had the phone before or after they were issued the device.
    03-06-09 02:40 PM
    I had the same problem with my T-mobile Pearl 8100. All you have to do is call T-mobile's customer service and ask for the free package for blackberry. The phone just wasn't set up when you "purchased" it at the store. No biggie but very frustrating. I got my phone for Christmas and just figured this out.
    03-08-09 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD