hey how fast is the data plan work (internet service) on the phone?
    what if you use the 820 as a modem what speeds do you get from that? i am sure it aint gonna be as fast as roadrunner or dsl.. is it gonna be like dial up? hehe
    11-04-08 01:09 PM
    Basically like dial up - - although the quoted speed is in excess of 56K - the latency brings it back down so in reality it is roughly equivelent to a 56K dial up modem - not bad - but not great either
    11-04-08 01:51 PM
    Basically like dial up - - although the quoted speed is in excess of 56K - the latency brings it back down so in reality it is roughly equivelent to a 56K dial up modem - not bad - but not great either
    i am assume thats the speed on the phone and not if your using the phone as a modem like i seen in another thread?
    11-04-08 04:39 PM
    It's not half bad when using wap sites, for a real html site, forget it
    11-04-08 04:41 PM
    i am assume thats the speed on the phone and not if your using the phone as a modem like i seen in another thread?

Same speed whether you are just using phone or tethering it as modem, it's all coming down the same data pipeline - I do both because there is a place where I have to do some work where there is no wifi for my computer - it really isn't that bad - - average web page like say msn.com takes about 20 seconds or so to load - - and I always hit the red X to stop the page loading on my laptop browser once I get the info I am looking for so it doesn't keep loading non-essential stuff and of course if you are tethering you can set your laptop browser to do lower quality pictures or none at all. But all in all its equivelent to using a 56K modem.
    11-04-08 04:54 PM
    cool. thanks dawg
    11-04-08 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD