i just got my first blackberry last week, have went through the process of where i was like i dont think i like this phone and it gets better everyday and i dont even have the net yet,lol.
    my issue is with the time, every so often it switches to a time zone ive never even heard of. its no prob to switch it back and save but its kind of a hassle...any way to make central standard time permanent?
    09-07-09 11:54 AM
    also to the person that sent me a pm, i tried to reply but it said i needed 10 posts to be able to send a pm so if you didnt get it sorry ill resend when im at 10,lol
    09-07-09 12:02 PM
    I've never heard of it switching time zones randomly. Are you setting the zone in Options/Date-Time? In fact the opposite complaint is what is often expressed as seen here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...e-zones-46190/
    09-07-09 02:04 PM
    i know, its weird. i reset it last night and now its 2 25 pm but says now its 7 25 pm.
    it only switches to some place called eniwetok, kwajalein
    i go to central time and save it and and it stays for a day or so then switches back
    09-07-09 02:28 PM
    as a att blackberry support rep i would reload handheld software heres the info on how.
    https://www.wireless.att.com/support...orialId=602930

Install or Upgrade the RIM BlackBerry Handheld Software using BlackBerry Desktop Manager Versions 4.6 and 4.7

Goal:
    Install or Upgrade the RIM BlackBerry Handheld Software using BlackBerry Desktop Manager Versions 4.6 and 4.7
    Symptom:
    Install, Upgrade, or Update BlackBerry Handheld Software Code
    Installing, Upgrading, or Updating BlackBerry Handheld Software Code
    Reload or Reloading BlackBerry Handheld Software Code
    Change:
    WARNING: Do not install BlackBerry Device Software that is older than the current version installed on the BlackBerry device. Doing so could cause the BlackBerry device to malfunction. To determine the BlackBerry Handheld Software version, click here.
    The following information applies to all BlackBerry Handheld Software versions using BlackBerry Desktop Manager Versions 4.6 and 4.7. This process can also be performed with BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 4.3 and earlier. To determine the BlackBerry Desktop Manager version, click here.
    IMPORTANT: To avoid any possible service interruptions, RIM BlackBerry 7130c users with Handheld Software version 4.2.1.96 or earlier are urged to upgrade as soon as possible.
    Fix:
    Prerequisites
    Verify the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager is already installed and not running.
    Verify the BlackBerry device is not connected to the computer.
    Download BlackBerry Handheld Software.
    Install the BlackBerry handheld software to the computer
    Navigate to the location where the handheld software was downloaded on the computer.
    Double click to open the file.
    Choose the desired setup language and click OK.

"Preparing to Install" will be displayed, then the InstallShield Wizard screen will appear. Click Next.

Select the country or region from the drop down list, then click Next.

Select the radio button for "I accept the terms in the license agreement", then click Next.

Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
    NOTE: "Yes, I want to start the BlackBerry Desktop Software is checked by default".

Install the BlackBerry handheld software to the device
    IMPORTANT: The install process can take up to an hour to complete. Do Not disconnect the BlackBerry during this time.
    Verify the BlackBerry Handheld Software is installed on the computer.
    Turn the wireless signal off from the RIM BlackBerry.
    Access BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Connect the BlackBerry to the computer.
    If prompted, enter the password and click OK

IMPORTANT: If the software offers to automatically upgrade the device, click Cancel.

Manually back up the data on the device.
    IMPORTANT: Even though there is an option to automatically back up the device application data with the Application Loader, it is recommended to perform a manual back up via Backup and Restore.
    Click Application Loader.

Click Start in the Update Applications panel.

Application Loader will detect the RIM BlackBerry device application and system configuration.
    NOTE: If the device is not detected, perform a soft reset while still connected to the computer.

Click Options.
    NOTE: If using BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 4.7, click Settings.

Un-select "Back up device data automatically during the installation process.", and click OK.
    NOTE: Un-selecting this option will ensure no corrupt data is loaded to the device. Once the software is updated, you may restore the previously backed up data.

Click Next.

Click Finish.

The Application Loader will update the handheld software.
    NOTE: This step typically takes 10-30 minutes, but can take longer.

A confirmation message will be displayed. Click the red X to close window.

Device will display setup wizard. Continue with one of the following options:
    Proceed with setup wizard.
    Manually restore the data to the device.
    If the BlackBerry device is rendered inoperable during the upgrade process
    NOTE: It is normal for the hour glass to appear up to an hour. If the screen stays completely black after removing and reinserting the battery, the device handheld software may no longer function.
    Restore a RIM BlackBerry Device using the Command Line
    If you need additional assistance, get more help here.

Note:
    Related topic

Perform a Master Reset using BlackBerry Desktop Manager Application Loader
    If you are viewing information on devices or services, please note: content reflects instructions for devices and services purchased from AT&T.
    Some differences may exist for devices not purchased from AT&T.
    09-07-09 02:31 PM
    btw besure to back up ur data first or you will lose it all
    09-07-09 02:32 PM
    Sounds like an issue with your OS. What version is your Pearl on? When you're on your home screen, hold the alt key, and press E A C E. It's the App Version.
    09-07-09 02:33 PM
    app is 4.2.1.96
    09-07-09 02:52 PM
    That is old! I'm just about done adjusting my Upgrade Guide for the millionth time. It has all the info and links you need.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/upgr...step-z-188139/
    09-07-09 03:28 PM
    so if i load 4.5 does that make my phone in operable til it gets done? and if i run into a hang up am i just out a phone til i get it figured out? are there big advantages to upgrading to this?
    09-07-09 04:00 PM
    it makes it where u can record videos and html email it improves many things if ur afraid to do the update call att and ask for a rep to walk u through it if u insist they have to stay on the phone even if it ruins their aht.
    09-07-09 04:20 PM
    and the process takes 45 mins-3 hours to complete depending on computer/internet speeds u will not be able to use your device during that time
    Last edited by rubyblood; 09-07-09 at 04:21 PM. Reason: forgot words
    09-07-09 04:21 PM
    i know, its weird. i reset it last night and now its 2 25 pm but says now its 7 25 pm.
    it only switches to some place called eniwetok, kwajalein
    i go to central time and save it and and it stays for a day or so then switches back
    Searching the forums turned up 13 threads on Tours, Pearls, Storms, and Curves, all jumping to Eniwetok time at random intervals. It's hard to see how an OS issue on a single model phone could affect that wide a range of models and hardware platforms. What's common to all those devices? BlackBerry Network Time. That sounds like a RIM issue to me.
    09-07-09 04:23 PM
    it makes it where u can record videos and html email it improves many things if ur afraid to do the update call att and ask for a rep to walk u through it if u insist they have to stay on the phone even if it ruins their aht.
    The only thing it won't do, is allow for video recording. The 8100 has never been given that code.

Searching the forums turned up 13 threads on Tours, Pearls, Storms, and Curves, all jumping to Eniwetok time at random intervals. It's hard to see how an OS issue on a single model phone could affect that wide a range of models and hardware platforms. What's common to all those devices? BlackBerry Network Time. That sounds like a RIM issue to me.
    Thanks Jeff, learned something from you this time. Not that this is the first, but after the last episode...
    09-07-09 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD