In iTunes, on the bottom left corner, make sure you have the album artwork set to "Selected Item". For EACH song, copy & paste the artwork. It resets it to be associated with the file. Viola! Now the artwork will be displayed with each song.
    Last edited by mmcnier; 12-09-08 at 10:35 PM.
    12-08-08 01:31 AM
    Oh, almost forgot... Use the Media Sync in the Blackberry Desktop. If the album artwork still doesnt show, try one more time. I had to copy & paste 2 times for several files, but in the end it all showed!
    12-08-08 02:07 AM
    In iTunes, on the bottom right corner, make sure you have the album artwork set to "Selected Item". For EACH song, copy & paste the artwork. It resets it to be associated with the file. Viola! Now the artwork will be displayed with each song.
    Thanks for the tip, but not sure I follow:

I use iTunes 8.0.2 on WinXP. There is no Album Artwork option in the lower righthand corner of the iTunes screen??? What am I missing?

/BD
    12-09-08 08:09 PM

Make sure you have it on "SELECTED ITEM"
    not "Now Playing"
    12-09-08 10:39 PM
    ...you said bottom right corner.
    12-09-08 11:19 PM
    this only seems to work if you add artwork manually. if itunes finds the artwork it doesn't transfer over to the storm.
    12-10-08 12:14 AM
    Sorry Viet. I have edited it.

Iron, copy & paste it like I instructed. When you copy it, it will copy the artwork that iTunes found. Then paste it.
    12-10-08 02:51 AM
    I don't have i-tunes. Any other solutions?
    12-11-08 11:43 AM
    You just need to make sure the album art is tagged as part of ID3 tag (which becomes part of the file)

You can find free album art tagger on the web. Personally I use MedialMonkey for all thing music... but that one costs money
    12-11-08 01:16 PM
    iTunes is free and SO much better than Windows Media Player. I suggest heading on over to apple.com
    12-11-08 02:58 PM
    It's free but it will cost you your soul...I will never, ever get another Apple product! Media player has worked to transfer the song & album art seamlessly to other PMPs I've had (including Zen, Sansa, Archos & KRZR) All my files are nice and easy DRM-free .mp3s, the artwork is there on my PC (and every other player!)but just doesn't sync with my Storm...Thoughts?
    Last edited by Kleptomaniac; 12-12-08 at 07:28 AM.
    12-12-08 07:24 AM
    Klepto, not really. I am an iTunes fan. BB Desktop Manager even integrates with it. Perhaps try a similar solution with Windows Media?
    12-12-08 04:53 PM
    The newer windows media player will sync with your storm and put your files on your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 12:08 AM
    I use Win Media to rip my cd's and it automaticaly downloads the album artwork for every album as well as organize the artists/albums. All you have to do is copy and paste the artist/album folders which will contain al the album art into the music folder on your Blackberry's media card. Simple as that. iTunes is too confusing and i don't like wasting that much time so I don't use it.
    12-14-08 01:21 AM

Make sure you have it on "SELECTED ITEM"
    not "Now Playing"
    Thank You!

This method "definitely works". The bummer is that it takes a long time and is a real pain in the "you know what" to copy and paste each and every single song/album cover back into iTunes; especially when your music library is pushing 12GB and more.

/BD
    12-14-08 04:14 PM
    Its a P.I.T.A. at first, but after its all said in done its worth it. And moving forward, easier to do when adding new stuff to the library.
    12-14-08 05:49 PM
    That's why I don't use iTunes to handle my music files for my Blackberry device. It's slow and not user friendly and it just makes the adding music to your BlackBerry too much of a chore if you are working with mp3's. Windows Media Player rips extremely fast and automatically downloads album art. You can simply copy your entire music collection to your BlackBerry music folder in one easy step with no hassle at all.
    Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 12-14-08 at 06:01 PM.
    12-14-08 05:56 PM
    iTunes automatically downloads it too. Windoze Media Player sometimes is wrong. i like iTunes more because I have more control over name formatting and using my own album artwork. Sometimes I dont like an album cover and make my own, like with Britney Spears Circus.
    12-14-08 05:57 PM
    Ok whatever works best for you. I just wanted to mention there are other options for simplicity and sometimes simplicity and functionality far surpass some apps when just want to get it done fast. I would like to learn how to use iTunes so mabe you could give me some tips. I can never get automatic album art to download because I don' subscribe. Is there a way around that?
    12-14-08 06:09 PM
    Yes.
    Option 1
    Subscribe. You dont have to pay for it. Just create an iTunes account and never use it to download music. If you have kids, you can disable downloads through the parental controls. I have an iTunes account, but I NEVER use it download music.
    Option 2
    Manually add all the album artwork to each song. I do this for albums that iTunes cant find. Go to a website like CDNow.com and copy/paste the album artwork. or make your own. I love making my own album artwork.

Keep in mind the best size for album artwork is between 400*400 & 600*600 pixels.

Now for more in depth help with working iTunes, I reccomend Googleing "How To Use iTunes". The top 3 links are probably your best shot.
    12-14-08 06:22 PM
    Thanks for that info. It's nice to know that you don' have to actually pay a membership fee in order to download album art. I will look into it.
    12-14-08 06:36 PM
    In iTunes, on the bottom left corner, make sure you have the album artwork set to "Selected Item". For EACH song, copy & paste the artwork. It resets it to be associated with the file. Viola! Now the artwork will be displayed with each song.
    Where do you paste the artwork once it's copied? In the same folder as the song on the BB or somewhere else?
    12-21-08 01:33 PM
    Right click on the image. Click COPY. Then right click on the image again and click PASTE. If you dont have the paste function listed, you didnt successfully copy the album artwork.
    12-21-08 02:52 PM
    Right click on the image. Click COPY. Then right click on the image again and click PASTE. If you dont have the paste function listed, you didnt successfully copy the album artwork.
    Thanks. It worked. But that wasn't intuitive to me; to copy and paste back onto the same image. How did you know to do that?
    12-21-08 03:53 PM
    For those who are still having some problems updating their album art using the new blackberry os6... BB does not use the same logic as iPhone or your usual media players (i.e. iTunes, WMP, etc)... it organizes your music according to its "album" well.. its quite logical if you ask me..

So anyways, if BB sees your album name exactly the same on the other file, it will use the album art of that file..

For example:

Katy Perry has the same album name as Lady Gaga, if it read Katy Perry's file name first, then it will have the same album art as Lady Gaga...

Solution:

Update the name of Lady Gaga's file to have the correct album name, then, BB will load its correct album art.. (that is if this file really has a loaded album art in it).

hope this info helps...
    12-08-11 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD