Well I recently downloaded Bolt (not the beta) and Opera Mini just to try them out and see if it's worth switching from the BBB. I like both for the most part but I'm leaning more towards Bolt because of the full rendered HTML.

So anyway, the problem- When I open either of the browsers, both apps open fine and take me straight to their respective start pages. However, when I try to access another site via pre-programmed bookmark that came with the app or just entering a url, the phone prompts me to allow the app to access the site.

For example, Bolt brings up the message "The application BOLT has attempted to access us.boltbrowser.com. Would you like to allow?" The Opera Mini message is nearly identical, I can't remember exactly what it says. If I click yes, everything works fine. Sometimes Bolt will lag a little around 20% (which I hear is a problem with the older version) but ultimately, they both work.

I tried editing the permissions for both programs thinking that was the problem but both still bring up the message when trying to access a site.

Is this normal? Do you have to go thru that everytime with each browser? Not really a huge issue but it is slightly annoying. At least annoying enough to just stick with BBB (which I will probably do anyway)

I tried searching but could not sift thru all the threads to find my specific problem.

I would have posted in Third Party Apps but I think this may be a phone specific issue...

Any help is appreciated!
    10-23-09 01:00 PM
    I believe I had the same question at one point and I think there is no way around this. I have tried searching the forums as well unfortunately I did not yield any results either. Sorry!
    10-23-09 01:27 PM
    That is dissappointing.

Thanks for the input tho.
    10-23-09 01:29 PM
    If it helps you feel better mine does the same thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 01:45 PM
    I do feel much better Hooty.

It's a bit frustrating RIM would include this safety feature (I'm assuming it's for safety) and not have a work-around.

You should be able to set the permissions for the app to go straight to the site without the phone saying "Are you SURE?!"

Reminds me of Vista.
    10-23-09 02:03 PM
    Does that message have a checkbox for "Do not ask for http" above the Allow and Deny boxes? If it's what I'm thinking of then it could be the box needs checked before you choose "Allow" (or Deny) and it won't ask you again unless you adjust settings later on. If that's what it is, of course.
    10-24-09 03:42 AM
    The new(ish) Opera Mini 5 beta does not have this dialog box, not the older versions, as well as all versions of BOLT, do, and there is, unfortunately, no way around them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD