Hi -

I recently replaced my pearl 8130 and now when I try to record a new video it doesn't automatically save the file with a default file name as before (usually just the next hightest number like "vid 00018"). I can read and play my videos fine from my card. I believe the problem is that the pearl is defaulting to a file name that is already on the card and luckily it doesn't overwrite the old one (I believe this is true because when I manually try to file it, it displays a name that already exists).

Somehow, I'd like to get the pearl to realize to write to a unique file name.

Thanks
    11-15-08 03:20 PM
    When you take a picture, you have a little folder icon that you choose to rename it prior to it saving the pic. Or are you wanting to make a specific folder for pics?
    11-15-08 03:34 PM
    Otherwise it saves it under the next available numeric value.
    11-15-08 03:35 PM
    Apologies for not being clear but thanks for replying. I'm not interested in modifying the folder name that a video (not a picture) gets stored in. Instead, when I take a new video unless if I specify a unique name before exiting that screen, the video does not get saved. I believe this is because the video name that the blackberry has come up with by default already exists on my SD card. I'd like to see if there is a way to get the Pearl to start off with higher video names than what is stored already in the folder.
    11-22-08 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD