It took me almost a year to figure out why the speaker on my 8100 was so terrible and I finally figured it out, the part you slide off the back to remove the batter is covering up the speaker. it's the section on the back with the blackberry logo on it, a vertical section right next to the camera lense. is there a battery sleeve you can buy that has that part exposed on the phone? cuz the sound is SOOO much better with that part removed. I was thinking about just cutting it out but i'd rather have something that doesn't make my phone look like i dug it out of the trash
    04-24-09 04:37 PM
    You can purchase an extended battery, they come in many different capacities. They should come with a different back to handle the larger size. These backs have an extra port for the speaker built in, so you get 2 for one. Only drawback is it won't fit in the original holster. But a curve's will fit nicely.
    04-24-09 08:55 PM
    You can purchase an extended battery, they come in many different capacities. They should come with a different back to handle the larger size. These backs have an extra port for the speaker built in, so you get 2 for one. Only drawback is it won't fit in the original holster. But a curve's will fit nicely.
    thats what one of my friends did with theres actually...

and congrats on 1000 buddy
    04-24-09 09:02 PM
    Thanks man!
    04-24-09 11:45 PM
    better than my idea, I just take the back off of mine when my mp3 player is going
    04-25-09 04:03 PM
    that's what i'm doing right now but it's a bit of a hassle to do each time.

jeez, why didn't i research 8100/8110 differences before buying this one!
    04-26-09 03:27 PM
    You could always drill a few small holes in the back.
    04-26-09 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD