Please let me know, thanks
    08-21-09 09:46 AM
    The connection is called a Tether and you can manually configure the setting or use a third party application, TetherBerry to accomplish that.

You should be aware of your data use, you can easly run up a huge data bill using a tethered computer.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...y-modem-19093/

TetherBerry - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    08-21-09 11:25 AM
    Agreed with the mod - it looks like you are with Verizon, you may want to double check that you have their tethering option or you're going to pretty much sign your financial life away lol
    08-21-09 04:24 PM
    When the girls at US Cellular heard I plan to login to my computer servers, they tried to get me to tether the phone as well. Only an extra $15/month... but not what I plan to do anyway.

From what everyone has said, tethering is a great option if you want a mobile package to use your Laptop anywhere. I am in love with this phone... why did I wait SOOOO long and I only got the Pearl!!! Oh well.
    08-22-09 08:29 AM
    mthoodrue... you love your pearl? Can you view videos? Youtube, MSN, etc? Can you send videos to other phones... even other BB?
    08-24-09 02:45 PM
    I have bn trying to figure out how to do this all wkend! Wt I've encountered is that after entering the the ip addy u r suppose to enter a proxy but at&t swears there is no proxy associated with my BB I dunno wt to do next

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 05:46 PM
    How do I use my blackberry pearl as a modem with Ntelos? Ntelos indicated that i could use my bb as a modem but they could not tell me how.....Can someone please help me connect my phone to my labtop!
    08-25-09 05:35 AM
    mthoodrue... you love your pearl? Can you view videos? Youtube, MSN, etc? Can you send videos to other phones... even other BB?
    I don't know about mthoodrue, but I can view videos and send videos to other phones...
    05-13-10 11:29 AM
    How do I use my blackberry pearl as a modem with Ntelos? Ntelos indicated that i could use my bb as a modem but they could not tell me how.....Can someone please help me connect my phone to my labtop!
    Call in to customer service or go into a retail store and add the tethering package for $10... update your Desktop Manager to the latest version and there will be an option in the bottom right of the desktop manager menu for ip/modem... customer service or retail location will be able to provide you with setup instructions
    05-15-10 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD