I've been playing around with Plazmic and did up a couple of themes for the 8220, I've found that the more stuff you add to the main screen the more sluggish/slow the 8220 is, anyone find this also?
    Last edited by MiniM3; 11-03-09 at 10:12 AM.
    11-03-09 10:08 AM
    a lot of themes i see have a lot of COD files and 1 JAD file how do you get them to work
    11-09-09 06:05 PM
    I've been playing around with Plazmic and did up a couple of themes for the 8220, I've found that the more stuff you add to the main screen the more sluggish/slow the 8220 is, anyone find this also?
    That is the way it is with themes for any BlackBerry. The more customization you do, the larger the theme file, the slower the theme is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 06:57 PM
    a lot of themes i see have a lot of COD files and 1 JAD file how do you get them to work
    Those are OTA downloads. You need the .jad and all of the .cod files in the same directory and you use the .jad to download the theme directly to your device.

11-09-09 06:59 PM
    Those are OTA downloads. You need the .jad and all of the .cod files in the same directory and you use the .jad to download the theme directly to your device.

but it's a zip. file so how do i unzip the file ota
    11-10-09 12:01 PM
    I create the themes in jad files, it's easier for me to test that way, I just copy them to my 8220 and install it. The alx files are used to install via Blackberry Desktop Software in the Add Program section. The only thing with alx installs is it always wants to reboot the 8220, which takes forever.
    11-10-09 01:50 PM
    but it's a zip. file so how do i unzip the file ota
    Unzip it on your PC using winzip or 7-zip then copy the folder to your media card. Go to Media > Explore > Media Card > Directory you put it in > Click the .jad to install. Or unzip on your phone using an app called FileScout and the same applies for installing.

Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 11-10-09 at 09:17 PM.
    11-10-09 03:13 PM
    Unzip it on your PC using winzip or 7-zip then copy the folder to your media card. Go to Media > Explore > Media Card > Directory you put it in > Click the .jad to install. Or unzip on your phone using an sop called FileScout and the same applies for installing.

THANK YOU....That was to easy
    11-10-09 04:34 PM
    THANK YOU....That was to easy
    You're welcome.

11-10-09 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD