Hi everyone, can some please give me step by step directions on loading themes to my Pearl. I saved a few them to my computer by don't know how to tranfer them to my blackberry using the Blackberry Desktop Manager (4.3.0.15).

Please and thank you

Nick
    06-09-08 08:06 PM
    Hook bb up to the pc. Extract files to pc. Open app loader, search for files that you just extracted on the pc and load the alx file. After that it should be in your themes on your berry if not remove the battery.
    06-09-08 08:14 PM
    Hi everyone, can some please give me step by step directions on loading themes to my Pearl. I saved a few them to my computer by don't know how to tranfer them to my blackberry using the Blackberry Desktop Manager (4.3.0.15).

Please and thank you

Nick
    Welcome to the Crack!
    06-09-08 08:24 PM
    do you have to unlock the vendor themes before adding new themes. I saw this in the 101 lessons and it was not clear if you have to do this first or if it is even necessary.
    06-09-08 08:41 PM
    No. Thats only used for updating os. If it doesnt work I will help you but I havent experienced that issue.
    06-09-08 08:47 PM
    do you have to unlock the vendor themes before adding new themes. I saw this in the 101 lessons and it was not clear if you have to do this first or if it is even necessary.
    To add new themes.. No... from my understanding when u unlock vendor themes that just allows you acces to the themes that come stock with other Service providers themes that come stock with the phone.
    06-09-08 08:48 PM
    Thanks for your quick responses but it still does not let me.
    06-09-08 08:51 PM
    Thanks for your quick responses but it still does not let me.
    What is actually happening give me step by step of what you're doing.
    06-09-08 08:52 PM
    I saved the file to my desktop and the I went into application loader. Clicked on ADD. I found the file but everytime i try and to open the file it says " No additional applications designed for your device are found"
    06-09-08 08:57 PM
    Did you extract the file? It has 2 files inside the zip file, and are you sure the theme is made for your device?
    06-09-08 09:05 PM
    Thanks cutdacheck, great help. I was not extracting the whole file. If anyone else needs help, these are step by step directions.

Installing a theme on your Blackberry via a computer (Desktop Manager Download)
    Step 1. Download your desired theme. Themes are usually placed within ZIP packages, so unzip the files anywhere on your PC whenever they are downloaded. (Make sure the theme is made for your OS version)

Step 2. Connect your Blackberry via USB and run Desktop Manager and Hit “Application Loader.”

Step 3. Press next until you reach the Device Application Selector dialog. Hit the “Add” button, and navigate to your extracted theme file.

Step 4. Finish the installation process by pressing next/ok. Your BB should restart.

Step 5. Go to Options > Themes on your bb to activate theme.
    06-09-08 09:21 PM
    Thanks cutdacheck, great help. I was not extracting the whole file. If anyone else needs help, these are step by step directions.

Installing a theme on your Blackberry via a computer (Desktop Manager Download)
    Step 1. Download your desired theme. Themes are usually placed within ZIP packages, so unzip the files anywhere on your PC whenever they are downloaded. (Make sure the theme is made for your OS version)

Step 2. Connect your Blackberry via USB and run Desktop Manager and Hit “Application Loader.”

Step 3. Press next until you reach the Device Application Selector dialog. Hit the “Add” button, and navigate to your extracted theme file.

Step 4. Finish the installation process by pressing next/ok. Your BB should restart.

Step 5. Go to Options > Themes on your bb to activate theme.
    Your welcome, now you have the ability to help someone else which you have already done. Great Job!
    06-10-08 08:37 AM
    You can always check this out for more info: BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com
    06-10-08 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD