hello, first of all, i am new to these forums, so hello.

i just purchased a blackberry 8230 flip from cellular south, and i do like it. it does what i need it to, plus more. i also like the flip design.

but back to my topic..

me and my girlfriend are going on a roadtrip soon, and i am trying to figure out how to tether my phone to the laptop, so she can browse the internet while we are travelling... i have tried following the guides to no avail...

i am not sure what i am doing wrong, but i will try to go down a runthough of what i do... i am on windows vista.

- start > connect to > set up a connection or network

- click on connect to the internet

- choose "dial up" connection

- dial up phone number-- #777
    username--- 601*******@cs3g.com
    password- esn HEX? (i was wondering if you could help me with this one.)

-here it tries to connect...."dialing #777"....."verifying user name and password".... and then it gives me "failed to connect to 'blackberry'"

i have no idea what im doing wrong here, and i would appreciate any help.

i have found my esn HEX, but im a little confused on how to type it. i got to options> status, and see it and type it in all CAPS, but to no avail.

all help is appreciated. thanks.
    02-10-10 08:57 PM
    Hi

I also experienced the same log-on, tether problems and endured a not so good connection using Verizon's data, plan on my 8230.

After giving up, I downloaded and installed Tetherberry on a trial basis. Then bought the program. It's inexpensive, simple and flawless. Just be sure to follow ALL the directions to install it on your PC and BB.

Go to tether.com

Regards

Frank
    02-11-10 07:24 AM
    If you download the latest version of Desktop Manager, it how has an IP Modem function. Works like Tether, but without the cost. (I also bought Tether, a little easier to install on other machines.) Good luck.
    02-18-10 10:02 PM
    Use the new desktop manager. Press a button, select your carrier, done!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 07:03 AM
    i have the latest but still now works
    02-24-10 02:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD