for some reason i cant search. this has probably been discussed before but i got some questions. i mite be moving out to the country and and wont be able to get an internet connection out there. my wireless provider is alltel, and for $10 a month i can tether my phone to my laptop and get an connection that way, my question is is there a limit to the amount of data i can transfer and what is the speed of the connection they told me it was high speed but how fast is there connection. thanks in advance for the help
    04-02-08 10:42 PM
    **MOST** providers give a 5GB limit with the data, but the real question is, how well is your phone gonna get reception way out where internet services arent available?
    04-02-08 10:46 PM
    i was just out there today and spent quit a bit time with the people that live there currently and it get two or three bars depending on where im at on the farm,but they just put up a new tower not that far away bout a year ago, i could get internet through satelite but it at dial up speeds.
    04-02-08 11:37 PM
    Does your phone have EVDO or 3G enabled?
    04-02-08 11:51 PM
    i think so but idk how do i check that. im pretty computer savy but dont know much about the blackberry
    04-03-08 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD