Hello--first post on this great forum (but longtime lurker...)

I bought a brand new (sealed box) 8120 on ebay to use on T-Mobile (it is still locked). The phone is GREAT...really love it. However, the camera picture quality is so bad it makes the camera essentially unusable. Has anybody seen pictures like this, and if so, do you have any ideas on how to fix? I've tried battery pulls, resetting resolution to different numbers, etc. Nothing seems to fix it. Bought it on ebay, so no warranty.

Thanks in advance for any help.

09-12-08 07:32 AM
    Wait, is that water bottle picture one of the pictures? Because that's not bad at all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-08 07:39 AM
    Wait, is that water bottle picture one of the pictures? Because that's not bad at all

You don't see all the vertical stripes and noise in the picture? I think it is a terrible picture...
    09-12-08 07:41 AM
    Welcome to crackberry photos lol.
    These things aren't real cameras. You have some that have good cameras in them, then you have the ones that are blurry and/or grainy.

It varies...

Dm

09-12-08 07:54 AM
    ^^True, it dose vary. I've had 2 8130s, both brand new. My first had very grainy/noisy pictures (and a bad trackball). So it was replaced & my second takes crystal clear pictures. I was very surprised by the difference.
    09-12-08 08:30 AM
    Anybody have any other advice on this? Is there any way to reset the device (other than a battery pull, which I've tried several times) that will result in better pictures?
    09-12-08 02:59 PM
    It looks like the faulty camera is why it was on ebay in the first place dude...

my condolences...

Dm
    09-12-08 03:47 PM
    Hello--first post on this great forum (but longtime lurker...)

I bought a brand new (sealed box) 8120 on ebay to use on T-Mobile (it is still locked). The phone is GREAT...really love it. However, the camera picture quality is so bad it makes the camera essentially unusable. Has anybody seen pictures like this, and if so, do you have any ideas on how to fix? I've tried battery pulls, resetting resolution to different numbers, etc. Nothing seems to fix it. Bought it on ebay, so no warranty.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Picture size medium or small,
    Superfine quality
    Normal color,
    auto white and flash.
    The water bottle pic looks like you're messing with the white settings...
    The bigger the size the less quality you get also..
    09-12-08 03:51 PM
    I can tell you for sure that the 8120 camera can do better than that. I clicked some really really cool pics with my 8120...really crisp for the distance that your photo's taken at. Maybe there's a problem with your camera.
    09-12-08 03:53 PM
    Here is another picture, with FoneBrkr's settings as noted above (small image size as well). Notice all the noise and artifacts are still there...

09-12-08 05:17 PM
    Do you save to your internal or a memory card?
    09-12-08 05:25 PM
    Do you save to your internal or a memory card?
    The screen artifacts were there for the first pictures I took before I bought a memory card. I now have a memory card and all pictures are saved to the card--in other words, there is no difference in quality between internal and the card.
    09-12-08 05:30 PM
    use a holster with a magnet?
    you sure the lens is clean? that noise is very odd, burn in like.
    FWIW, other than the burn in the quality is noticeably better now..
    If it's the same on the card and the internal, the only common D is
    the camera and lens itself.. sorry you have no warranty
    Also try one without the flash..
    Last edited by fonebrkr; 09-12-08 at 05:51 PM.
    09-12-08 05:44 PM
    I'd swear my 8100 does better than that. What OS is installed?
    09-12-08 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD