TCP/IP settings messed after upgrade to 4.6.0.293 platfrom 4.1.0.100 by mslpp 02:46 PM Today -- [Ed] [Reply] [!!]
    I have auto update enabled and desktop manager prompted an update to the above new device software. It's worked really well except for a TCP/IP glitch. The area for settings entry is different than with the old O.S. - now there are 2 checkboxes (APN settings enabled & APN Authentication enabled) and then the username and password spots. I'm with Rogers and their APN entry is internet.com, with user name and password left open. In this new settings area the only place to enter internet.com is in the username or password lines, there is no where else. Checking the 2 checkboxes does nothing, as does entering internet.com on either the password or user name line.

Any suggestions welcome,

mslpp

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 12:51 PM
    That's incorrect rogers TCP settings is

Apn is internet.com

User is wapuser1
    Pass is wap

Try that and let me know if it worked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 01:46 PM
    That's odd. For as long as I've had my 8220 on T-Mobile, that screen has read:

[v] APN Settings Enabled
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    [ ] APN Authentication Enabled
    Username:
    Password:

Do you not have the line that reads "APN:"?
    11-05-09 01:52 PM
    Yes, it seems I do have the APN: spot - didn't notice it before. thanks to hubermania. So I eneterd internet.com on that line and tried with username and password blank and it works lovely. And Jsolts I tried with wapuser1 and wap and that works too.

thanks all,

mslpp
    11-05-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD