Can anyone confirm that T-Mobile will get this after AT&T launches? Sure hope so.....Been waiting six month......and yes, I have tried about eight times on CBW but no luck......even had buddy in Louisville, KY order online for me and they denied him as well. T-Mobile has abandoned the loyal BB users in my opinion on this one. Been with T-Mobile for 10 years and still feel this way....they seem so caught up in the android hype that they have lost touch with their core..
    10-04-10 06:14 AM
    Can anyone confirm that T-Mobile will get this after AT&T launches?
    Not at this time.

In one of the older threads in this group, someone suggests that T-Mo is passing on the Pearl 3G altogether.

Admittedly, there was talk way back during WES when it was announced that T-Mo wasn't going to bite.

Who knows how reliable that information is, though. It's all been rumor. Even so, look how long it has taken before AT&T even publicly announced that they are finally getting it, and they were a sure thing on the outset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 08:15 AM
    tmo launched the 9300, that is as close as you are going to get I think - they have had more than enough time to bring it out if that was the plan. the pearl is a niche device, odd keyboard to most - unless someone wanted outlook @ there fingertips in a small format there are a lot of other choices now. getting the device from cbw is very simple - either get a prepaid debit card and use the ups location as your billing address, load the card with the funds and order or change your credit card billing address for a few days between the cycle, this will not impact the account in anyway. the billing address must be OH, anything else is just luck.
    10-04-10 08:53 AM
    ......so not cool if tmo doesnt get it. id be very...vexed.
    10-06-10 02:58 AM
    I just want to share my ordeal with you guys. As Kurtla said,� in order to get one you have to through 517 hoops� and it is probably an understatement. I have tried since the end of August to no avail. I have never dealt with such an unprofessional company (CBW). Everything is outsourced. Their customer service is in the Philippines. And so on.

I was finally able to get one through [email protected]. I dealt with William, who went out of his way in order to accommodate me and I finally got one in 5 days from when I ordered it.

I thought I share this with you and it is a good alternative to the pre-paid credit card solution.

All the best,

gb
    10-06-10 01:19 PM
    1st off congratulations on getting one! who is this gmail contact and what did it cost to get it to your door?
    10-06-10 01:28 PM
    OP- You been waiting for only 6 months? Get to the back of the line! Many people have been waiting for years lol. haha
    10-06-10 02:56 PM
    1st off congratulations on getting one! who is this gmail contact and what did it cost to get it to your door?
    Thank you very much Kurtla, also for all of your input. If I may, I would like to ask you a couple of questions.

I found this contact after dealing with several local stores and I paid the phone price as advertised on the website, plus $40 as service fee and $20 for shipping.

Thanks again,

gb
    10-07-10 12:22 PM
    got it. I actually emailed him to find out the details and he seems like a solid guy and what a bargain to get this device for the price you did. are you liking it so far?
    10-07-10 01:14 PM
    tmo does a really good job at keeping everything hush hush until the last second with BB. but, its starting to look like they arent getting it......im still hoping that tmo will score the 9100.
    10-08-10 04:32 AM
    the curve 3G was announced months after the pearl 3G I believe and tmo has it now. what are you pretending not to know? tmo just came out with the G2, which is a total loser imo, what a joke of a hinged kb design, and two other new devices that do look decent, the new mytouch and the motorola defy - it would strongly appear that they have moved on - I suggest the same to anyone waiting for this puppy to drop on tmo.
    10-08-10 09:39 AM
    It would kinda suck for T-Mobile to *not* get the 9100, especially since the original was a best-seller for them. to each his own.

But if you *really* want one that bad, I do live in Cincinnati, and as much as I can't stand Cincinnati Bell, I'll help out my fellow CBers.
    10-08-10 11:02 PM
    How do you get rid of the vendor.xml file?

Kurtla, how did you upgrade to .884?

Thank you,

gb
    10-09-10 03:24 PM
    file is here
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...484C90CADEE5A4

download and install it and then path out to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor file. install via DTM, I recommend 5.1 vs 6 - 6 sucks. backup your data if you need to. update seems pretty good, you should pull the battery after it boots up. media functions are more solid, display pics from a media card is faster, misc app launch seems about the same, battery life not sure of yet, could be worse than before need to test it more. overall seems like a good os. I had major issues getting the new cbw os and this to work with bes, first time I have ever had a problem - anyway, called rim and they said they did not do a thing but all of a sudden the install went perfect, very odd. they must have the ability to refresh a pin on their network or something to make it all work better, sort of a dsl rip and rebuild, etc. that it or do you need something else?
    Last edited by kurtla; 10-09-10 at 03:36 PM.
    10-09-10 03:34 PM
    Thank you Kurtla. Where are located the vendor.xml file exactly?

Never mind, I think I found it. Thank you
    Last edited by gbany; 10-09-10 at 03:51 PM. Reason: i think i found it
    10-09-10 03:48 PM
    Ok, I am doing it. When you have a minute I would like to ask how did get UMA to work. I am having a hard time with the certificates.
    10-09-10 03:54 PM
    Finally, I now have UMA on the 9100. I still have a yellow question mark on one certificate.

Thank you all,

gb
    10-09-10 04:56 PM
    certificate? what on earth are you talking about. you connect to a router, there is no certificate - there is nothing to adjust or play with with uma, you scan for your ssid and enter your security code
    10-09-10 06:35 PM
    Guide to enable UMA on an unlocked 9800 for T-Mobile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guide to enable UMA on an unlocked 9800 for T-Mobile

This won't work for AT&T as they don't support UMA calling (But the E-Screens are interesting anyway)

1. Go here and follow the instructions to unlock the Engineering screens. Press ATL+CAP+H on your berry and use that info to fill in the blanks on the linked page.

Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best

2. Enter the code provided on the blackberry's help screen, you wont actually see anything while you're typing but when you're done the hidden Engineering screens will appear. Use alt for numbers and dont worry about caps.

3. Download these certificates to your berry. (post #2 by otto)

T-Mobile UMA Certificates - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection

Then Reboot your Berry ALT-CAPS-DEL

4. Once you have the certs and have rebooted go back into the engineering screen ATL+CAP+H and do the following.

i. At the EScreen select <Mobile Network Engineering Screens
    ii. Select <Utilities>
    iii. Select <Session Manager>
    iv. Press the BlackBerry menu button and select <UMA Options>
    v. Press the BlackBerry menu button and select <New>
    vi. Enter the following: Display Name: T-Mobile Operator Name: T-Mobile UMA Protocol version: 1.0.3
    vii. Unselect <use default UNCS> and enter punc.t-mobileuncs.com use Port: 14001
    viii.Unselect <use default SEGW> and enter psgw.t-mobilesgws.com
    ix. Select the SEGW certificate named T-Mobile USA, inv. Engineering and Operations CA

Rebewt and you are all set.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/gu...mobile-513720/

This is what I am talking about. You can connect to the router but to use uma on tmob you need these certificates otherwise it will not register on tmob through wifi.

Check yours, does it say 3g or uma? if it connects to the router and you still have 3g as indicator it doesn't go through wifi.

I may be wrong, but after reading about it I believe this should be the correct procedure.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for everything,

gb
    10-09-10 06:53 PM
    one of us needs more coffee and its not me. this doc is to use an unlocked at&t 9800 on tmo. you have a cbw pearl 3G, its already a tmo device. if you did any of the above wipe the device and start over. UMA will not display, it says wifi and have the WAP displayed above the time. works flawless.
    10-09-10 07:25 PM
    Read through the article, other people have used this procedure for different devices. Try to turn the mobile network options off and just leave wifi, do you still see T-Mobile showing and can you access the line? Try and let me know, as I said I may be wrong.
    10-09-10 07:40 PM
    you are totally wrong and off base
    10-09-10 07:44 PM
    I am sorry I have no intention to offend you. If it sounded like that, I apologize don't take it personally. I truly believe you have given great insights and I may be wrong.

I tried to connect before and it would connect to the router but if I would turn the mobile service off and just left wifi on, I would get no signal just the connection to the router.

If yours works I am glad, It was a simple consideration and I was trying to understand how to make the best of the device. As you know, I just got the phone.

Thank you again.
    10-09-10 08:03 PM
    no offense taken, was just heading out for dinner, etc. you have to have mobile services on all the time, period end of story. UMA is a registered mark of TMO, it is for most purposes synonymous with the term wifi except tmo provides voip calling over it. I have done nothing to my device except activated over bes, disabled the 2 hot spots that cbw has and moved them to the bottom of the list. I live adjacent to BH in LA and I have zero reception here and voip works 100% of the time and provides flawless reception and voice quality. you are trying to follow a script for att 9800 users to use their device on tmo. they dont get 3G and they have a workaround for wifi. this speaks volumes imo lol. do what you want but I am suggesting you wipe your device and hook it up to your router and be done with it. make sure you have a decent router like a dlink or something and update the firmware. I use wpa-psk but you might want to try no security to start and make sure you connect ok and then apply whatever security works best for the device and your other computers. that is it, don't and make it harder because its not necessary in this case.
    10-09-10 10:09 PM
    These instructions worked! My 9100 would not do UMA. I followed these steps, and now it does.
    10-12-10 09:46 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD