This to all who have this service. I'm thinking of getting an 8120 through t-mobile and was wondering about this. Is this just limited to going to coffee bars, airports, etc or will this work with my home wireless network as well.

Thanks for any help.
    09-21-09 11:07 AM
    Since your home is set up for wireless then it should work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 11:39 AM
    I found that when you use hotspots you have to setup an account and you have to pay, I simply use any open networks.
    09-23-09 04:49 PM
    The xx20 phones will connect to almost any open WiFi, as well as secured WiFi that you have access to. I've used WiFi and UMA calling at home, TMo HotSpots, Starbucks, restaurants, hotels, libraries, etc. I also have a small Linksys WiFi router that I use at older hotels with wired ethernet.

The phone should already have SSIDs set up for TMo HotSpots and @Home. You'll need to setup the SSID for your home network, and scan for the SSID of open networks on the road. About half the time, you will also use the WiFi HotSpot Login browser bookmark to accept a Terms of Service page from the access point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 05:44 PM
    Im not all that thrilled with the pearls uma abilities...prefer the curve or 8900
    09-23-09 06:27 PM
    I used the Pearl 8120 for a year and I was able to connect at home and hotspots without a problem. I also added on the 9.99 for the UMA calling and saved a lot of $'s on my bill. I've since upgraded to the 8900 and don't see much of a difference, they both work fine at home and elsewhere.
    09-24-09 02:14 AM
    I also have an 8120, and use the hotspot service at home, and while out and about at various wireless locations. Don't know about curve or 8900's uma, but my phone connects all the time, everytime, and hasn't failed me yet. If yours does the same, then you will be quite satisfied with your pearls wi-fi functionality...
    09-25-09 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD