Is anyone else getting this text message every hour on the hour and is there anyway to get rid of it? The phone number is +10476000000 Someone told me it is because I have a Yahoo email account?
    Last edited by bsanders67; 02-05-09 at 06:44 PM. Reason: more information added
    02-05-09 06:21 PM
    No. Not me.
    02-05-09 06:42 PM
    Yeah, it is because you have Yahoo.
    Easy fix, go to your yahoo control panel and set the "mail forwarding" option to forward to your blackberry email address.

Then delete your yahoo from your T-Mobile account.

Here is how you do it with Gmail.
    Just give or take on the instructions for Yahoo.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ut-imap-29721/
    Last edited by Bullfrog110MB; 02-05-09 at 08:58 PM.
    02-05-09 08:50 PM
    I had this problem too. After doing some deep searching online, I figured out that it was due to one of my old phones I had used an app to forward my Yahoo! and Gmail emails to me. What I had to do was call BB support and tell them to delete those email accounts from the program. Problem solved.
    02-05-09 09:02 PM
    I began having the problem after using a Nokia loner phone from Tmo for a few days (with my SIM card). I had set up my mac.com email on it and after returning the phone I began to get the mssg on my new phone.

Drove me nuts until a Tmo customer care rep found and resolved the problem on their end. I didn't have to do anything myself to correct it.
    02-06-09 02:49 AM
    Thanks for everyone's help. I had to call T mobile 3 times, the last time the rep I got had the same problem with her phones and knew exactly how to fix it...
    02-06-09 08:46 AM
    This is an easy fix... it is because you left email notifications on from a past phone you had that had an email app from t-mobile. I asked T-Mobile to turn off and they still failed to do so. I simply borrowed a friends phone that had a T-Mobile email app on it and signed in then Turned Off Email Notifications... then signed off and deleted the email account on that phone... Bam it was fixed.
    02-06-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD