I have already updated my OS to T-Mobile most recent version. My desktop software is version 4.2.0.14 and is just a weee bit overdue to be updated to 4.2.2.14. The info pg about the update states that it is 222mb. WHAT THE??? My current 1 is only 60.91mb. But, whatever, guess it needs to be done. Well, the thing takes all of about 2 seconds to download all 253kb of it...yes, kb...and then tells me the file isnt a valid Win32 App.
    So now, do I just go to Blackberry.com>downloads, and get the current file from there? There is a Desktop Mngr v4.2 svc pk 2 & v4.3, what's the difference? Which one should a dwnld? Any suggestions?
    03-27-08 02:17 AM
    Okay, so... I went ahead and checked out my options on blackberry.com. None of the 3 different v4.2 dsktp mngrs had a file download that included media manager. So, I decided to just download the v4.3....when i went ot save the file I noticed the file name shows v4.2.2.14, not v4.3. And uh, yea the download really is 212mb says the site.
    03-27-08 02:44 AM
    I recently went through the same exercise. I ended up downloading Desktop_Software_v4.3_(Multilanguage).exe from te BB site. It has multi-media and is a mere 330Mb. It took over an hour to download because the BB site is so slow. However, it worked although I think that the mm part is - being polite - not very good to say the very least.
    03-27-08 06:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD