Says mine is up to date even though it's running 4.3
    Did you go here to try it? Just go here, and click UPDATE NOW. Connect your phone to the computer via the USB cord, and it will automatically recognize your phone and you should be able to go thru a few prompts to get you the OS upgrade.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software
    12-16-08 08:50 AM
    i tried to do it yesterday and my bb got nuked so i had to go back to 4.3
    12-16-08 09:44 AM
    24 hours since I did the upgrade and my peal has completely frozen up three times. It happened twice with the back light on, completely killing the battery. I'll let you know if i have anymore issues.
    12-16-08 05:15 PM
    24 hours since I did the upgrade and my peal has completely frozen up three times. It happened twice with the back light on, completely killing the battery. I'll let you know if i have anymore issues.
    Darn. Sorry to hear that. Since upgrading last nite, my Pearl 8120 has not frozen up at all yet. Running like a top! Hope it stays that way.

Now I'm wondering if I should upgrade my wife's 8110 to 4.5 since it seems many folks upgrading the 8110 are having some issues. Please keep us posted. Anyone done this on an 8110 successfully without experiencing any issues?
    Last edited by dknyberry; 12-16-08 at 08:33 PM.
    12-16-08 06:39 PM
    so are any of the people that were having the multi-stage load error still having it? look like my 8110 doesn't even like the official release... oh well. 4.3 wasn't bad... youtube would have been a nice time killer though!
    12-16-08 08:22 PM
    My 8110 upgraded smoothly to 110, I was running 102 before.
    12-16-08 09:17 PM
    so are any of the people that were having the multi-stage load error still having it? look like my 8110 doesn't even like the official release...
    yea thats the problem im having.
    12-16-08 10:36 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Put me in that category. I hear about not enough power from the usb ports and other reasons that there is something wrong with my computer but I have used two other computers and never had a problem going back to 4.3. Wouldn't the same thing happen for 4.3 if it was the computer? The only difference is the actual update and a class of 8110's.

12-17-08 05:21 PM
    yea thats the problem im having.
    Has anyone with an AT&T 8110 done the upgrade to 4.5 without any issues?
    12-17-08 09:46 PM
    i updated to 4.5.110 yesterday and have had no problems since. was slow after first battery pull. but fine now. re-sent service books. documents to go is very nice. youtube also nice. browser is faster
    Last edited by timmyb457; 12-18-08 at 02:53 AM.
    12-18-08 02:28 AM
    I believe this is the update I did last night and now I cant find some of my applications on my phone, its making it run slower and my newest theme I downloaded is acting screwy.
    12-18-08 09:16 AM
    Finally had a chance to do the update. Got an error when trying the rim update site so I downloaded and installed via DM. Worked on the first try and took about 45 min. So far the only issues i've had are facebook disappearing and getting an error when going to the www facebook site via the BB browser. Both resolved by redownloading facebook from mobile facebook site. Also, PTT came back so I'll have to get rid of that again. Went from 16.2 MB file free to 19.9 file free with docs to go and PTT on there. The new browser is nice and does seem slightly faster, but that may either be due to increased file free or wishful thinking :-). Will post back if I run into any issues

12-22-08 12:33 AM
    Finally had a chance to do the update. Got an error when trying the rim update site so I downloaded and installed via DM. Worked on the first try and took about 45 min. So far the only issues i've had are facebook disappearing and getting an error when going to the www facebook site via the BB browser. Both resolved by redownloading facebook from mobile facebook site. Also, PTT came back so I'll have to get rid of that again. Went from 16.2 MB file free to 19.9 file free with docs to go and PTT on there. The new browser is nice and does seem slightly faster, but that may either be due to increased file free or wishful thinking :-). Will post back if I run into any issues

Please let me know if you figure out how to remove PTT. I have the same problem...got rid of it in 4.3, but when I downloaded 4.5, it was reinstalled. This time, I can't find the 2 files to delete because when you download the device software from Blackberry, it is still the old 4.3 device software.
    12-22-08 06:05 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD