Does anyone else experience from time to time when they go to sync their BB, that the BB doesn't immediately sync?

What I mean is I use PocketMac and I connect up my BB to my Mac with the USB. I hit sync, but nothing on the BB shows "Connected to Desktop." I wait and nothing happens. I unplug it and replug it and hit Sync, now it works! It seems to happen about 50% of the time.

I thought my BB might have a bad connection, but when I plug it in, the charging indicator comes on immediately, so I know it's recognizing the BB.

Anyone else get this experience? What is it? How do I fix it?

Thanks in advance!
    02-22-08 10:33 AM
    No one else has experienced this? Uh oh...not good
    02-22-08 06:16 PM
    sorry, i don't have a mac and haven't had this problem, tho. could it be possible your usb port is out of whack? i've had problems w/ mine and had to have it replaced.
    02-22-08 06:19 PM
    dacur...you could be right...have nothing to compare it to.

My laptop is 4 years old and it's probably time for a new one anyway (great excuse to get one! LOL)
    02-22-08 06:33 PM
    good for you! yeah, just get a new one! try using something else w/ the usb port if you have anything. if not, just ditch it and start over! lol

maybe this will help you in the future:

blackberry desktop manager coming to mac
    02-22-08 06:34 PM
    I've used that USB port in question for other things and not have had problems, so I don't know why my BB would, but maybe it's a power thing (like my printer is plugged into an AC, so there's more power to keep)...

Any other suggestions?!
    02-22-08 06:51 PM
    V... I've seen this a couple of times. Don't know why. All I did was close PocketMac, unplug the BB, reconnect the BB, then start PocketMac. Then It worked. I'm sure you are aware, but make sure you have your BB connected before you start.
    02-22-08 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD