Equipment: Blackberry Pearl; PC running Windows 7 and Outlook 2010; PC running Blackberry Desktop software 6.1.0.35.

I recently installed Apple's icloud on my PC, linking Outlook 2010 with my iPad. Prior to this I would sync my Blackberry with Outlook. Now that I have icloud installed, Outlook has another account, icloud.

I understand I can only sync one Outlook account with my Blackberry, via the Blackberry desktop software. I've gone into the Organizer> Configure settings> Advanced, and try to map the folder associated with icloud. When I go to click on the expand box (plus sign), I get an error box that comes up:

Runtime error

Error Encountered. Error code 0x80043bea. Check documentation

Please help. I have no way to now sync my blackberry with my other devices which are now sync'ed with Outlook via icloud.
    11-05-11 09:34 PM
    Hi,

Have you been able to find a solution for this problem It's driving me crazy! And it seems that everybody just changes over to Iphone to solve the issue!?

I use Outlook 2010, Ipad 2, BB 9780 Bold.
    02-10-12 01:34 AM
    According to slipstick.com. the desktop software only syncs with Outlook data files (pst) while icloud installs its own data file type. Desktop software wasn't designed to sync with the new icloud data file format so it errors when you try to use it.

As I see it, the problem is with Apple - they should be syncing with the default Outlook folders, not emptying them. The icloud installs a Refresh button but I haven't figured out what it refreshes, it does nothing here.
    02-16-12 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD