Hello All,

Please help a newbie out. I can't get my blackberry desktop manager to recognize that I have Outlook on my PC. It will only list Outlook Express as a choice to sync to.

Anybody got any advice?
    04-22-08 07:06 PM
    Do you have an active data profile setup in Outlook? Did you go through the initial Outlook welcome stuff, usually it will setup a default profile of 'Outlook' and it should show in the sync list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-08 07:13 PM
    I didn't originaly set up Outlook. My wife did. How do I see if I'm set up correctly? I get mail and have my contact list filled in....forgive a novice to the 21st century. I'm trying!
    04-22-08 07:19 PM
    You should be good to go then. It should be showing up as an option. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the dekstop manager?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-08 07:21 PM
    I just tried it. Didn't make a difference. Thanks for the idea, though....
    04-22-08 07:59 PM
    I finally got help from my Verizon tech dept.

As it turns out, and who on earth would've thought to tell a customer this at POS, the BB Desktop Manager v4.3 does not support Outlook older than 2002.

I uninstalled v4.3 and replaced it with v4.2.2 and everything works fine now.

Hope this saves someone from all the BS I've been through.
    04-29-08 04:47 PM
    Glad you got it working!
    04-29-08 05:33 PM
    Hello,
    I'm presenting the same problem!
    I have a new blackberry curve 8310 and all my contacts are in Microsoft Outlook 2007.
    When I try to upload my contacts from Outlook to BB the desktop manager shows a message: "Unkonwn error reported"
    Everything seems to work ok, emails, etc. But I can't have all my contacts in my PDA.
    Can anybody help me???
    Thanks
    05-03-08 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD