OK... Here is my Problem.

I think I have discovered a bug in the way my 8130 synchronizes with Outlook.

On my Blackberry within a contact I added a birthday. This added the record on the calendar on the blackberry for their birthday. I then synced my device, which transferred the calendar record as well as the change to the contact to Outlook. My Calendar in outlook, then showed 2 birthday records on that date. When I re-sync again, it duplicates the item again, so my blackberry shows 2 items as well. What I have to do at this time is add birthday's only to Outlook, and then sync them.

When I contacted RIM. They refused to help me, unless I pay for support. I was told to contact Verizon. Verizon sends me a knowledge base article from 2005 pertaining to outlook 98, and the old intelisync software.

Has anyone else experienced this, and does anyone have any suggestions?
    06-08-08 02:42 PM
    Yes I have experienced this as well as many other synching problems. I have Sprint, and used their BB support, but they couldn't help. Our Sprint store just replaced the Pearl. The issue continued. I have uninstalled/installed the DM several times. I read somewhere the DM sometimes has trouble with windows vista. My other problem is that synching stops and says that microsoft has encountered a problem. So yesterday I deleted DM 4.3 once more and installed DM 4.2.2 It isn't as nice as the later version, but so far it has synched things correctly. So I am not 100% sure where the problem is. My phone started to freeze up on Friday, and it did the same thing yesterday. So tomorrow I will once again go into Sprint with it. I'd try downloading DM 4.2 and see if that works, it may take the doubles off as well. Good luck!
    06-08-08 05:14 PM
    I also have trouble with the calendar on the 4.3.0.97 version. I'm told by my BES admin that Rim acknowledged a bug that affects the calendar. I've got duplicate appointments everywhere.
    06-12-08 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD