Everytime I load up the desktop software it wants to make a bunch of changes to either my blackberry or outlook express. I've let it do it a couple of times and when I do I either have duplicate names or duplicate email adresses. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here or how to stop it.
    04-05-08 12:46 AM
    No one has an answer?
    04-06-08 09:43 PM
    In desktop mgr set it up so that the sync is one way:

Click on Synchronize > Navigate to Configuration tab > Configure Sync.

From there, make it so that the arrow only points from your PC to BB so that only the items from your PC will be synched to your BB. I initially had duplication problems as well so I had to change my configuration (this was before my BES setup).

The only thing here is that your Outlook Express is the source of truth so you'll need to make all changes on that. Kind of annoying but gets rid of the duplication problem.
    04-06-08 10:46 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm working on that now.
    04-07-08 10:14 PM
    I have been having the same issues and did not want duplicate data created. I have now changed config so that the Outlook files "rule" and appreciate your help. In my old PDA days, the synch worked two ways with no duplication. I am still trying to get used to the "improvements" that the BB device is supposed to offer.
    04-09-08 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD