I got three junked up 8310s and built one, and used the CS-2 batteries that I had been using in my 8100 to power the new phone.

This 8310 will run 3 days on a charge, when my pearl wasn't making it a full 24 hours.

I have the factory battery for the pearl, it has the same run tims as the cs2's when it's installed. I charge through the usb port.

The pearl has os 4.5 avea (top of the forum) and i've updated about every 6 months. I've had the pearl a little over a year now. When I first got it, the battery would last like this 8310. Now after a couple of OS upgrades, it's gone.

Any ideas? I have it in the back of my mind that blingball is causing it. I have it set to custom and the three numbers at 255 to produce the factory white. Could this be the power drain? I'm thinking no as the leds would have to stay on continuously, but that's the only other 3rd party app that i've had all this time.

Thanks,
    Kyle
    11-10-09 11:52 AM
    I can't imagine it's blingball, but if you think it is, remove it. You can always put it back on later. You must not use your device a lot. I have an extended battery, and still couldn't possibly go all day without charging, let alone 3. Maybe your Pearl has a slightly damaged antenna?
    11-11-09 12:35 AM
    Actually you're correct. It's a glorified phone for me, not the corporate masterpiece it was designed to be.

I think you nailed it on the head, the last two nights I've had the curve at work, the battery usage has increased exponentially. The building is in a geographical dead spot (nearly a river bottom), so much so that a booster was installed in the building to aid communication.

Over the weekend, I was within about 3 linear miles of the tower, with line of sight.
    11-11-09 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD