So I want to get used to using suretype, but I bought this phone used, and have been using the multi tap for a few days now. When I use the suretype, it really just messes everything up, is there anyway to clear the suretype memory?

And sometimes on multitap, I will be typing and it will just let me hit a button once so instead of making an "i" after pressing the "u,i" key it makes 2 "u"'s.
    06-13-08 08:53 PM
    You can clear SureType's custom memory:

Options>Custom Dictionary>Menu>Clear Custom Dictionary

The trick to using SureType is not to look at the screen, just keep typing and you'll be surprised at the end result.
    Last edited by Blackberry Guy; 06-13-08 at 10:35 PM.
    06-13-08 10:19 PM
    When you just start typing away you will get used to it in know time.
    06-13-08 10:20 PM
    You can clear SureType's custom memory:

Options>Custom Dictionary>Menu>Clear Custom Dictionary

The trick to using SureType is not to look at the screen, just keep typing and you'll be surprised at the end result.
    exactly/

i find it has a 99% accuracy. when i dont look opposed to a 62.4% accuracy when i look. lol
    06-13-08 10:38 PM
    alright so I actually can't find where to clear the suretype memory... ehh im new to this blackberry business haha
    Last edited by hpscots0906; 06-13-08 at 11:38 PM.
    06-13-08 11:34 PM
    alright so I actually can't find where to clear the suretype memory... ehh im new to this blackberry business haha
    Press the menu button on your pearl (it's next to your trackball) >> Options (has a picture of a wrench) >> Custom wordlist >> press the menu button again >> Clear custom wordlist
    06-13-08 11:42 PM
    So without looking at the screen as I try to type the message "Hey whats up" I ended up getting "Ghett wwhhatsa IPO"
    06-14-08 04:22 AM
    My wife has the same problem. She recently did an update to her phone because it wasnt always ringing and she had nvr updated it so tmobile had her update it. But after she updated it now when she types she has the same issue as you. Instead of going to the 2nd letter on the key it types the 1st letter twice. We even tried changing the speeds in the settings but no matter how fast she types it will do the same thing.
    06-14-08 04:43 AM
    My wife has the same problem. She recently did an update to her phone because it wasnt always ringing and she had nvr updated it so tmobile had her update it. But after she updated it now when she types she has the same issue as you. Instead of going to the 2nd letter on the key it types the 1st letter twice. We even tried changing the speeds in the settings but no matter how fast she types it will do the same thing.
    I wonder if it's a problem specific to the 8100?
    06-14-08 11:52 AM
    I wonder if it's a problem specific to the 8100?
    I don't think so, my Pearl doesn't do that
    06-14-08 12:07 PM
    Well I'm just disappointed because my suretype really isn't working at all and I've tried giving it a chance.
    06-14-08 03:41 PM
    -Bump-
    Still need help with suretype on my pearl.
    06-15-08 03:01 PM
    I never had any issues on my old pearl. Are your settings correct? Is mutitap enabled? The phone will also get used to the way you type after a while and will become more accurate. It takes some getting used to, but once you do, its quite convenient and works like a charm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 03:05 PM
    I never had any issues on my old pearl. Are your settings correct? Is mutitap enabled? The phone will also get used to the way you type after a while and will become more accurate. It takes some getting used to, but once you do, its quite convenient and works like a charm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I've never had any problems with my 8100 either, so I don't think it is a device specific issue. It took me about a day to get used to suretype. The more you use it, the better it will get giving you the correct words. It just takes a litte time, that's all.
    06-15-08 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD