So Ive searched around and havent found any similar problems.

Occasionally, when Im typing away on my pearl, Ill hit the space button, and it will erase the last word I typed. It will continue to do so as long as I keep trying to type the same word...

Any suggestions? It seems random, not with any particular words or sentence structures.

Thanks in advance,

-Coop
    12-21-08 06:42 PM
    have you installed any 3rd party apps that interact with spell check? When I installed Empower Pro on my 8120, this exact issue happened to me. All I did was resend my service books and that did it.
    12-21-08 06:46 PM
    No third party apps aside Opera...not sure if that would do it or not?
    12-21-08 06:51 PM
    No third party apps aside Opera...not sure if that would do it or not?
    No, I don't think Opera would do that. Have you done a battery pull and/or resent your service books?
    12-21-08 06:55 PM
    I have tried the battery pull, I apologize for my lack of knowledge, but what do you mean by service books?
    12-21-08 07:01 PM
    I have tried the battery pull, I apologize for my lack of knowledge, but what do you mean by service books?
    A service book contains information that configures how your BlackBerry device interacts with the BlackBerry Infrastructure. It also enables specific services for your BlackBerry device. The selection of service books on your BlackBerry device depends upon the features provided by your wireless service provider and the IT policies set up by your organization. (copied from BlackBerry.com)

Basically, Service Books act as a license between your BB and BlackBerry (BIS / BES) through your carrier.
    12-21-08 07:13 PM
    I recall experiencing a problem like that with my old 8120. It would just happen once in a while, leave me all puzzled for a second then wouldn't happen again for some time. It seemed all completely random.

I always thought that it was maybe some sort of a shortcut key combination that caused the last typed word to be erased, but never figured it out.
    12-21-08 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD