i started up bb desktop software, as i got a new bb of my mate (technically his old one)
    its a pearl 8110 or 8810 i think and whilst i have been updating software via usb it kept on stopping and saying it was unplugged to reinsert the wire, but i hadnt unplugged it, so i then unplugged and plugged it back in and clicked retry, this happened about 15 times but eventually stopped, but now i have been waiting from 11pm to 5am for it to finish but has stopped on net_rim_platform_resource_en_Gb.cod and wont change
    please help because when i unplug it and plug it back in it came up flashing red and has a weird sign on screen with square triangle and circle on it!!! any and all help would be greatly appreciated but please dont just say its fried or nuked
    10-27-11 11:49 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

It's not fried or nuked, but you'll probably need to wipe it now, in order to get the OS loaded. Make sure you put it in a place where the phone and USB cable cannot be disturbed, while the process is occurring. The port on the phone is most likely loose and the culprit. You'll have to find out exactly which model it is, so you can install the correct OS on your PC. Follow my guide for all the procedures you'll need:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...step-z-188139/
    10-28-11 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD