i know the 8130's are capable of streaming video, but i'm having some trouble.
    I've tried mobile youtube, tinytube, blueapple.mobi ( i can save and watch the video but can't just open it from the website without saving first), vcast, vtap. and the following happens:
    when i click stream/play, the media player opens, it shows the length of the clip in the bottom left, says loading in the top right for about 5 seconds, then it just sits there for a minute showing network activity. then every time it pops up with a message saying an error has occurred attempting to play media.
    except when i click open from blueapple then it says buffering... i see a green bar showing how much its loaded, then after a second it says loading..., then after a second it says something about an unsupported format.

I'm using BB browser to try to open these streams, I have every option except allow javascript popups enabled, emulation mode is set to blackberry.

any advice on settings i can check would be appreciated or any recommendations on a 3rd party app that would allow this would be appreciated. (for instance I downloaded berrytunes and streaming the audio works when I use that program)

Edit - My OS is 4.5.0.77
    Last edited by j_p36; 10-31-08 at 09:48 AM.
    10-31-08 09:39 AM
    I have the 8320 and I have worked the same tryign to figure things out especially for youtube.

blueapple.mobi works but your right, the downside is that you have to save or open the video to see it and that is just really time consuming.

try going to m.youtube.com and that should do the trick. just going to youtube.com may never work for us but they got smart and made us a mobile side of their site. one last downfall is that the youtube vids are not full screen (320X240) for us but instead is more like 240X180
    10-31-08 09:55 AM
    Sounds like you are having a buffering problem...

Not sure how to fix though... Sorry!

I've had the same prob on occasion with my pearl, 8130 OS 4.3 on vzw... But it works after a few tries.

Also is your 4.5 a release from your carrier? If not An official release... Might cause probs?

Good luck!

P~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 10:07 AM
    to ruggelsja,
    I've tried the mobile version of youtube countless times as well, no luck

to wilsopod,
    yes its from my carrier, I download my os from blackberry.com under the cellular south section. i assume that makes it an official release?
    10-31-08 10:53 AM
    Maybe yur carrier hasnt unlocked this feature yet. Im with Telus and they just made streaming video available to us here now within the last week or so.
    10-31-08 01:24 PM
    I'm starting to think it may be because of something they are doing, but I have a friend with an HTC touch on the same carrier that can stream full 30 minute shows from vtap...
    10-31-08 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD