I was just trying to dial a phone number last night and when I hit send my phone went black. Restarted itself. And it took forever to restart too. The screen was white with that damn hourglass for a while. And now suddenly I have icons on my phone for Shop Games, Shop Tones, Backgrounds, etc. What the **** is this? And how did it magically get on my phone? It hasn't been plugged into my laptop for some time so it couldn't have updated anything that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 08:17 AM
    That's funny - I had the exact same thing happen on my phone! The icons each looked like the "browser" globe but when I toggled over them the names you listed came up - I have 8 total. Mine also wasn't hooked up to anything. In fact, it was in my bag ready and fine when I (finally) put it down for the night.

I tried doing a battery remove reset, but that didn't fix the problem.
    10-22-08 09:46 AM
    These are service books that At&t have added (Spam). You can go to service books and delete them but they will come back everytime you resend service books or reregister with the network. The simplest thing to do is just to highlight the unwanted icons, hit menu and hide them.
    10-22-08 09:50 AM
    Other carriers are doing this as well T-mo now has yellowbook, Facebook and some other crap. Third party app makers are paying the carriers to have there junk pushed to you along with your necessary service books.
    10-22-08 09:54 AM
    Okay, but why did they just show up? I done anything with service books lately ("resend service books or reregister with the network"). Was it automatic?
    10-22-08 09:55 AM
    Att pushed them out to you.
    10-22-08 09:57 AM
    Ahhhh ok. I have ATT and I got yellowbook too....had no clue where it came from.
    Thanks for the heads up everyone. This is why I love this site!
    10-22-08 10:21 AM
    OMG the same thing happened to me! I was stressing out that I loaded something and they just showed up. Thank you for the quick fix answer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 10:26 AM
    It's crap that they can push stuff onto us like that. I wish there was a way to block it. Oh well.
    10-22-08 10:28 AM
    Had the same thing happen to me. I just deleted mine. Thanks for the info!
    10-22-08 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD