I have had the files free number jump drastically without even doing anything. I just noticed today that I was around 10,000,000 bytes free, and then had to recheck as my phone was a lot faster with browsing speed, etc. It turned out that it jumped to 13,800,000 without doing anything.

Does anyone know what can cause such a drastic spike? I do not have any programs running in the background that I know of, and I always close out of programs any time I open them. I also clean out the cache files and memory on a constant basis.

I noticed this when I do quick pulls. Most of the time I will jump from 7 to 12 which is normal for a quick with my phone. But on certain occasions that 12 will jump to a 15 without touching a button
    12-08-09 04:03 PM
    If you are running the latest OS this will happen. And it is a good thing. The latest OS does a much better job of recovering lost memory from leaks and general operations of the phone. Rejoice!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 01:16 AM
    If you are running the latest OS this will happen. And it is a good thing. The latest OS does a much better job of recovering lost memory from leaks and general operations of the phone. Rejoice!

I am running 4.5.0, but I have to say that I get the memory back like this rarely. Is there a method to to get back this memory or is it spontaneous?

Btw I tried all the methods on cleaning out the phone and I do not have that many apps on it.
    12-09-09 06:41 AM
    There are no special settings. It just happens. Some of the performance is probably dependent on the apps you are running. I really don't know why it happens for some and not others.

12-09-09 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD