I just recently bought a 4gig Media Card. The thing works great, I can store multiple pictures and songs without slowing down my BB. My question is, can we store Emails and/or SMS messages to the Media Card as well? Also, now that I think about it, can we store applicatons too? This way I don't lower my Device Memory too much. Thanks for the help.
    05-03-08 05:58 PM
    I don't think you can store emails and text messages on your card. You can choose to leave the email on your server, that way, you can download them on your computer. I think if you start to collect a lot of emails on your BB, your memory will suffer.
    05-03-08 07:11 PM
    Using it like a memory stick, you can store almost anything on the card. BUT: you can't run applications from it. And you can't open docs stored there without 3rd party s/w as well. I don't know any way to store emails or SMS messages on it.
    05-03-08 07:12 PM
    I was told we couldn't run applications from the Media Card, but there should be a way to convert the SMS into some kind of document, such as a .doc or .txt, but i'm not sure how this could be done. But thanks for the help anyways
    05-04-08 12:17 PM
    .txt files can be stored on the media card and viewed but not edited. .doc and .xls files cannot be opened without 3rd party s/w.
    05-04-08 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD