My new Blackberry Flip got stolen, so I had to buy another one (I bought it on e-bay for under $200 in an as-new condition).

I am using T-mobile, and the phone is a branded T-mobile device. Will I have any problems activating the new phone? Is there anything in specific that I have to do to regain functionality of my Blackberry services?

Also, can my device backups work on a different device?

I would LOVE some answers to these questions.
    06-01-09 02:27 PM
    I wouldn't say anything special.

Have you informed them that your phone has been stolen. that way the phone can be cancelled and your bill won't run up.

All you need to do is to let them know it was stolen, you got a new phone and need to activate it. I would go into the store because you will need a new SIM card to put in the phone. As far as any information on the phone itself, it is gone.

See if they have a way to lock the phone. If you can't have it... NO ONE can... LOL!

Sorry, it ain't funny.

That's why I like CDMA. If Mine is stolen and someone tries to activate it then it will show up as stolen. You can't just pu ta card in it for it to work.

You will need to change your Blackberry information on T-mobile's website too.

hope this helps.

msblueline
    06-01-09 02:45 PM
    Also, give T-Mobile customer care your old Pin so the theft won't be able to activate email. Click on the email set-up icon to switch your email accts on your new device or do it in my T-Mobile and click on "switch device"
    06-01-09 03:13 PM
    Thanks for your help!!! One more question:

I made a backup of my contacts and settings using Desktop Manager. Will this backup work on the new phone?
    06-01-09 03:25 PM
    If I'm correct, I do believe it will not work since the Desktop Manager runs off of the BB pin no. to move information back and forth. But I could be wrong since I'm pretty much a newbie in the BB world.
    06-01-09 04:40 PM
    It will, just use the switch wizard function in the desktop, that's what it's for and it will even transfer your BBM contacts
    06-01-09 06:14 PM
    Ahhh, I stand corrected. Very useful information.....thanks
    06-01-09 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD