which color do YOU prefer and why

(plz post pics of your sprint pearl )
    02-07-08 07:36 PM
    Neither. Have the Amethyst but would really like a nice black or silver. Sprint did this same nonsense with the Treos I have gone through. Just depends on what you like and what you use it for. I use mine for business most of the time and a red phone might look a little strange (not that there's anything wrong with that). Just my two cents.
    02-07-08 09:09 PM
    I'm so glad Telus opted for silver. I love it. They have pink now, too, to support breast cancer, I believe, but obviously any HETERO men will likely choose silver over pink.... lol....
    02-07-08 09:23 PM
    lol cause my 8130 deleted all my msgs... and one day i didnt use it from like 7 to 4 (gasp!!) and the battery was full and in that time it drained completly so i took it to the sprint store and they took it apart and stuff and were like oh this is all kinds of [messed] up we'll just send you a new one and i was thinking about the new red one "/
    pleease post pics anyone have any side by side of the amethyst and red?
    02-07-08 09:31 PM
    The amethyst is dark purple and it looked fine to me. I traded it in for the red though as it looked better. Really, I wanted black but oh well. The red is very striking in the sports car kind of way especially, with the right theme. If you can, I say go to a Sprint store and compare the two.
    02-07-08 11:01 PM
    if i got a choice...............red, the sports car analogy would be good.
    02-07-08 11:04 PM
    I have the red. I just thought all the other colors were too plain (other colors as in amethyst or red because i have sprint)
    02-12-08 02:20 PM
    I second the post about how I would rather have had black or silver (I really like the Verizon silver) - but Sprint decided to get all creative with purple and red. My wife is kind of eyeing the red but I think when the contract is up we will have a curve possibly (probably) with another carrier.
    02-12-08 05:20 PM
    Oh wow. I am a bonehead. I didn't really look into it, but I'm with Bell and was told that their 8130's only come in navy or black. Well, my Berry is not navy or black. It's dark purple. And it gets even more purple in the sun or bright light. I always thought it was just a really bad navy or something, but if they make these in amethyst, well, that makes a heck of a lot more sense.
    02-12-08 10:55 PM
    I've had both the amethyst and the red. I think the red looks much better. Its all opinion though. Best thing to do is go and compare them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-08 03:59 AM
    I have the Amethyst now and just got the red. Now I need to sell my Amethyst!! That post is next. I love the red!!!!!
    02-13-08 09:37 AM
    anybody got any pics?

(ps i have amethyst)
    02-13-08 10:21 AM
    I have the AMethyst, to me it does not look dark purple at all, it looks like black, a slightly off black not jet black. I like it. the red to me is not a nice red color, kind of tacky , the amethyst is more of a sleek option.
    02-15-08 03:49 PM
    I just got our two 8130's in; one in each color. I got the Amethyst, but once they came in, I wanted the red. Oh well, it will be covered in a case in a few days anyway.
    02-15-08 06:03 PM
    Wife has the red and I have the Amethyst. Wouldn't have it any other way
    02-16-08 02:33 PM
    I'm debating between the two also. I'm female and do like the red, but also like the amethyst. The red is so much brighter. The amethyst looked more blue/grey then purple.

I'm leaning toward the red. Do they scratch easily and do the scratches really stand out?

It will be in a top opening case only.
    05-12-08 01:38 PM
    Get yourself a skin right away. bestskinsever.com is great for some protection for your new phone. It will get dropped and set down on tables and it will get scratched otherwise.
    05-13-08 12:42 AM
    Oh wow. I am a bonehead. I didn't really look into it, but I'm with Bell and was told that their 8130's only come in navy or black. Well, my Berry is not navy or black. It's dark purple. And it gets even more purple in the sun or bright light. I always thought it was just a really bad navy or something, but if they make these in amethyst, well, that makes a heck of a lot more sense.

I'm with Bell too. If you go onto Bell.ca it's listed as Amethyst. WHen I went in store to get it they said they'd go get me a blue one, and I said "Nope, it's purple." Then he looks at the box and lo and behold...AMETHYST.

A girl at work has the red, and with the silver rails I thought it looked cheap. I loved the heather colour of the purple and the gunmetal on the siderails...I think it looks more polished.

EDIT

Regarding scratching...my friend with the red one has it scratched to ****. She's 21 and rough on her phones (her uncle works for RIM so she figures, what the **** I got an in). It really, really shows the scratches badly. My purple is babied, but the back battery door was scratched but the colour hid it will. I got a spare battery door and put a BSE on tonight, so now it looks good as new.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-13-08 at 01:13 AM.
    05-13-08 01:09 AM
    Definitely the Amethyst (Dark Purple) because purple is my favorite color. I'm also an Omega PEARL so I wouldn't have it any other way plus it looks better at work. The red is too flashy, not very professional.
    05-13-08 02:15 AM
    I have the Amethyst, looks awesome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD