I was hoping that someone out there could help me. I have had my Sprint Blackberry Pearl 8130 for about a month now and according to Sprint the phone can not do mms messaging only e-mail. I was wondering if that is true or are they just a bunch of morons? According to my manuel I can do it by pressing the menue button and selecting mms message, but, when I press the menue button the only messaging that popps up is e-mail or sms text. Please help.
    Thanks,
    Oldsmobubble
    06-16-08 03:58 PM
    Had the same phone as you with Sprint. they block it. Can receive them only, cant send. Welcome to Sprint. Then went to T-Mobile, less restrictions
    06-16-08 04:09 PM
    Do you know if there is any way around the block?
    06-16-08 06:20 PM
    nope............
    06-16-08 06:30 PM
    Do you know if there is any way around the block?
    Yes - switch carriers.
    06-16-08 06:31 PM
    Thanks for the info.
    06-18-08 03:59 PM
    I have sprint and a pearl, sms texts ok, mms texts are composed as emails, you need the other persons phone email address, search the forums for the different carriers emails

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 04:03 PM
    There are plenty of work arounds to this problem. And apparently with the next OS release, Sprint will be fixing this problem...or so I hear. No need to go and switch carriers on us. Sprint truly does have the best deal if you can find a Sprint Corporate store with associates that care about their customers like I have found.
    06-18-08 06:41 PM
    No MMS for Sprint. You have to send via e-mail, and it uses your browser to view the pics. Better have unlimited data if you are going to use it a lot...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 06:46 PM
    There are plenty of work arounds to this problem. And apparently with the next OS release, Sprint will be fixing this problem...or so I hear. No need to go and switch carriers on us. Sprint truly does have the best deal if you can find a Sprint Corporate store with associates that care about their customers like I have found.
    exactly.

i have been with cingular,tmo and now sprint. and so far i have gotten the best CS and best plan with sprint.

MMS isnt that big of a deal ...i mean come on now..i remember when midi ringtones were cool> lol.

just give it time. they'll update the new OS and it'll be gravy. just be happy the phone is capable of SENDing and Recieving.. hehe.

but i do think its pretty stupid of them to block it.
    06-18-08 10:10 PM
    exactly.

i have been with cingular,tmo and now sprint. and so far i have gotten the best CS and best plan with sprint.

MMS isnt that big of a deal ...i mean come on now..i remember when midi ringtones were cool> lol.

just give it time. they'll update the new OS and it'll be gravy. just be happy the phone is capable of SENDing and Recieving.. hehe.

but i do think its pretty stupid of them to block it.
    Keep in mind that Sprint didn't just start blocking this yesterday; its been this way for years. The former helm of Sprint did nothing for the customers. Now that he's gone, things are slowly turning around and I truly believe that the new CEO has actually been listening to what the customers want.

Rome wasn't built in a day and MMS isn't going to be given overnight. There have been plenty of talks between Sprint & MS.

Raven, its good to read someone say they've recently had a great CS experience from Sprint. There are so many "Sprint Sucks" threads that overshadow the good they're trying to do now.
    06-29-08 04:04 PM
    Download the 4.5 version. I just did it and it has MMS. I have Sprint and with 4.3 it didn't work. Download the software from BB website to your computer and then the BB desktop updates it. Good luck
    03-15-09 01:41 PM
    Sprint doesnt block you from sending MMS with Blackberrys.It is that the Pearl isnt capable of it until you download an update then you can send MMS without having to send it using email or sending it to the other persons phone email, you can just send it like a regular text but with attachments. You need the software version 4.5 for MMS to be available on the Pearl. I cant post links just yet so I will put it in here with spaces added so you can find where it is at.

http: //ww w.nextel. com/en/software_down loads/pda_smartphone/black berry_8130.sht ml

Hope this helps you.
    03-15-09 08:48 PM
    I guess I should look at the age of the post before I post next time even tho the most recent post was today lol
    03-15-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD