I read on CB blogs that sprint is getting the pearl flip wonder if it will have 5.0 on it? The carriers and RIM need to get the OS 5.0 released for the flip owners.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 07:48 AM
    If this is true than it is likely 8230 users may get their official 5.0. Maybe.
    04-07-10 08:32 AM
    I know tmo and Vzw are dropping the flip from their lineup so hopefully sprint getting it will get our 5.0.

04-07-10 08:50 AM
    Hi,
    I have been waiting for Sprint to get the Pearl Flip and I saw an article on PhoneDog that says it is in Sprints order. Does anyone know if this means it is in the near future or could it still be months away. I didn't know what it meant that it was in Sprints order.
    Thanks!
    04-08-10 07:46 PM
    I don't think it is far off but probably by summer.
    04-09-10 06:24 AM
    IMO, I don't think Sprint is making a good decision by adding the Flip to their lineup. Verizon & T-Mobile have both stopped selling it because it wasn't as popular, and unless there have been upgrades made to the device they'll be attempting to sell an already outdated phone.

04-17-10 03:45 AM
    I bet Sprint is getting the 9670 instead. Hopefully those of you that like the flip form factor will like it.

04-21-10 06:31 AM
    From what I understand 5.0 is only being released for devices model number 83xx and higher. Meaning the 82xx and the 81xx series are just plain out of luck....

Please bear in mind that this is just my understanding, not factual (although I seem to remember reading that right here on Crackberry...
    04-21-10 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD