I need to create a special profile for when I am home sleeping which will allow my phone to ring, for me to receive SMS messages from all senders EXCEPT ONE, and for email alerts to be slient.

Here is why... No I am not having an affair I recieve all my emergency ambulance calls from the county dispatch center via SMS message. This is fine during the day, and when I am working nights, but my wife is not fond of my phone going off everytime the ambulance rolls out of the garage all night long when I am off duty. I do, however, need to recieve SMS messages from my staff members during the night.

I am quite capable of designing a profile which silences all messages, but I can't figure out how to silence SMS messages from one sender.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help!

Dan
    02-16-08 05:15 PM
    Look at this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...messages-9034/

Not sure it's exactly what you want, but it's the only thing I could think of.... and after looking at it more, I don't even think that will work.
    Last edited by kasperapd; 02-16-08 at 05:38 PM.
    02-16-08 05:35 PM
    I have the same type of set up because I need to be notified if a client is in crisis.

If you go into Profiles > Advanced, you can set up a new profile (mine is entitled "Night") to have all sounds turned off except the SMS text, which you can set up to play tones, alerts, etc.
    02-16-08 05:39 PM
    Yes that can be done, but that is not what he is asking. He wants to receive SMS from all but one contact... pretty sure that can't be done by a profile setting.
    02-16-08 05:42 PM
    Ah....thanks for the clarification...

You're right...he won't be able to quiet all SMS texts but one, but he could at least quiet all other tones/alarms but the SMS text.
    02-16-08 05:44 PM
    Thanks everybody for your replies... thats what i was afraid of.

Darn! If anybody else comes up with a brainstorm or a 3rd part app, please let me know!

Dan
    02-17-08 01:07 PM
    You COULD try to set up an exception, which shows when a specific contact gets to you, it will ring differently. I don't know if it'll work, but it's worth a shot.

When you go into profiles > advanced > choose a profile > you'll see exceptions at the bottom (there's a default that says "Important Calls") and change it to be the exception for your Medic Alert.
    02-17-08 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD