So my husbands phone started first, you would hit answer and it would go to speaker for like 3 seconds. I thought he messed with the settings but now mine is doing it too. HELP!!!! If you think it is defective please let me know.

Becca
    07-30-08 01:48 PM
    Im having the exact same problem!!
    08-10-08 05:49 PM
    Me too...can't seem to turn that off.
    08-12-08 02:49 PM
    I was instructed to pull the battery...that SEEMS to have fixed it....here are battery removal instructions >>

Battery pull: while the phone is on, take the battery out for at least 30 seconds, then put it back in.

OR

Soft reset: press Alt+Shift+Del

OR

Double soft reset: press Alt+Shift+Del. When the screen is white, press Alt+Shift+Del again

These do not hurt the phone.

To find out your OS, go to Options, About. It should be near the top.
    08-12-08 04:25 PM
    I was instructed to pull the battery...that SEEMS to have fixed it....here are battery removal instructions >>

Battery pull: while the phone is on, take the battery out for at least 30 seconds, then put it back in.

OR

Soft reset: press Alt+Shift+Del

OR

Double soft reset: press Alt+Shift+Del. When the screen is white, press Alt+Shift+Del again

These do not hurt the phone.

To find out your OS, go to Options, About. It should be near the top.
    The battery pull is basically a universal fix-all for when your Berry is acting up. It is kinda like re-booting your computer when she is running slow...
    08-12-08 04:30 PM
    yea i been having the same problem ever since i had my bb. it goes into speaker for like a second. but ive done lots of battery pulls since then and its not fixed.
    Last edited by beto929; 08-13-08 at 08:03 PM.
    08-13-08 07:53 PM
    I'm having the exact same thing happen to me. When I answer the call the speakerphone turns on for about a second. If I'm in a noisy area people on the other end get a bit confused. The battery pull has not helped me either.
    08-15-08 11:58 AM
    I�m having the same problem with a 8120. Strange part is that it does not act like it always. Sometimes does and sometimes works fine. I have upgraded the OS, tried the fix-for-all battery pull solution and nothing... It keeps doing this.
    Hope we find the solution soon
    09-29-08 01:31 PM
    Hey guys! Did anyone solve this problem???
    11-08-08 05:51 AM
    Well the battery pull solution worked for me!!!!!!!!!
    11-08-08 06:53 AM
    I just restarted my phone and it still does this, if only for a moment.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Call my phone
    2. Press the Green TALK button while holding a touchtone key on the calling phone

Results:
    - About 1/3 second of BRRRRRAAAAHHHHH as loud as a phone can be gets erupted into my office, causing everyone around to wonder WTF

Expected:
    - The phone does not go to speaker mode when answering
    03-16-09 07:46 PM
    Wow, I bet that's annoying. You probably should post that on the 8900 thread.
    03-16-09 10:02 PM
    I've had this problem as well... nothing seems to work for a long period of time. I've also had it to where certain individuals trigger it, while others don't, but it jumps back and forth. Then it'll change and do it every time, then it'll only do it once in awhile.

I've had to go on speaker phone and turn it all the way down to keep from:
    1. Getting embarrassed
    2. My ear getting blown out when answering

First time it happened it was full blast... I about wet myself (just kidding) LOL! Hope there will be a permanent fix some day.
    06-23-10 03:18 PM
    Battery pull fixes 90% of BB problems lol.

speaker stopped working on tour ->battery pull = works

ringtones playing as sounds recieved in a sms ->battery pull = fixed

Battery pull is like Nike-> just do it!
    06-23-10 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD