I love my pearl have been having a lot of fun with it except as of right now the trackball is giving me serious problems but anyways. Today I decided to delete a lot of text messages and such in my inbox by using delete prior. Now that I've done this the space on my phone has dropped by half! anyone else experience this.

Btw using a Pearl 8130 with newest O.S
    04-02-08 12:38 AM
    i delete them every day or so. At least the ones that are meaningless. I do a pill every day and yet to monitor for memory leaks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 05:45 AM
    I find that no matter what i delete my memory does not go higher than the norm!!!
    04-02-08 09:07 AM
    Try pressing ALT+LGLG and then Menu and Clear Log. It documents everything your phone has done. I clear my messages and event log every night before i go to bed. Plus i do a battery pull every week to reset everything and i get about 2 MBs back. Also, if your using a micro sd card. Go to Options in Media and set the Reserved Picture Memory to zero. You"ll be able to get a couple MBs back from that too. I know its not a lot, but every little bit counts. Hope that helped!
    04-02-08 09:39 AM
    Thanks a lot all, I noticed that depending on the theme was how much space I had and I had just switched themes after deleting all those messages. Oops XD but thanks so much the battery pull helped a ton!
    04-02-08 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD