My space/zero key has a mind of its own! Some times it works the first time I hit it others I get the double space . Thing. Not sure if its the keypad or software issue. Want to call tmo for a replacement cause phone calls with a zero, my area code 407 needs it. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 12:06 PM
    Have you reset your device? First try a soft reset, Alt-R.Shft-Del.

If that doesn't solve your problem, and it probably won't in this case, you can do a harder reset by taking out the battery with the phone on. Leave it out for about 30 seconds. Put it back. Among other things, that will force a rebuild of the indexes and reload the operating system into contiguous memory and may fix the problem.

NOTE: When you pull the battery, there is a very slight risk of corrupting your OS, resulting in your having to wipe / reload your device. Be sure to perform a backup before the battery pull. If you can resolve your problem by a soft reset, Alt-R.Shft-Del, you should. You should only pull the battery if the phone is locked up, or you can't soft reset, or soft reset doesn't solve the problem.
    08-24-08 12:34 PM
    Well I don't have full keyboard so I use softreset software for my pearl. This issue has been ongoing for about a week. No water or drops. Battery pulls and resets don't help. And it happens more when I want the zero then with a space. Waiting on tmo to call back so I can see if a store replacement would work cause I can't wait for mail since my wife won't be able to talk and will use the
    BB to type everything after her surgery Tues. I should have done something about this before now but ... I think the 8 n b button is acting funny too. Took 5 pushes to get funny typed.

08-24-08 12:44 PM
    Sorry, I overlooked that you had a Pearl. One more thing you might try would be to blow out the keypad with compressed air. It might help. Otherwise, you probably need a new device.
    08-24-08 12:47 PM
    No problems. I have to try the air thing! Can't afford down time.

08-24-08 01:11 PM
    Tmo is sending me a new one and I have 7 days to send this back. Have to transfer a lot but at least it will be fixed.

08-24-08 01:19 PM
    You should be able to use Desktop Manager's Switch Devices function to automate the transfer. Maybe the air can will help in the meantime.
    08-24-08 01:21 PM
    Thanks about DM don't use it much. We can get by for now as it works 50 50 but a week of only typing for her would drive her nuts shoot would anyone!

08-24-08 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD