Hi all!

I have a beautiful red pearl 8130 from Sprint, and I have had it for a few months now and this one thing really bugs me.

I can look at my ringtones in a great alphabetical list if I go to the media icon on my phone, but when I am actually trying to assign a ringtone in the phone profiles section, they are all in crazy order. Is there anyway to get it to sort alphabetically in the area where you add the ringtones to profiles? I haven't figured it out.

There was a post on here about adding tags to the files, but can I not just delete the tags that are pre-added to the ringtones I have downloaded and get them to sort alphabetically?

Thanks for any help!

--Oh yeah, I tried searching, but I couldn't find anything, maybe I missed it somewhere? I would think this would drive lots of people crazy! Or maybe I am just WEIRD!!
    06-22-08 01:17 PM
    So, no one knows? Does anyone else wonder about this? Just one of the little things that bug me....
    06-22-08 08:03 PM
    I wonder the same thing!!
    06-23-08 10:49 AM
    Pretty sure you have to tag the MP3's to get them to sort alphabetically, albeit I have tried it and they still don't sort properly so who knows
    06-23-08 11:05 AM
    Pretty sure you have to tag the MP3's to get them to sort alphabetically, albeit I have tried it and they still don't sort properly so who knows
    Thanks. I downloaded the program to tag the MP3s but it didn't recognize my ringers as music (even though they are MP3s...go figure).

I like that it separates the downloaded tones from the pre-installed, but I would really like the tones to be alphabetical in the "to choose from list" in profiles, like it is in the media player...

Oh well, it sure isn't a deal breaker! I love my blackberry and I guess it will be one of the little quirks that I just live with -- kind of like having to do a soft reset every couple of days regain my leaked memory -- or not being able to send MMS because I am with Sprint.
    06-23-08 11:19 AM
    Hey Taegus,

Which program did you download for the Tagging? This alphabetical thing bugs the **** out of me too!
    07-21-08 12:20 AM
    I used this program:
    You can download a free mp3tag editor here:

Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2)

This program will allow you to easily edit the hidden tags in music and even ringtones.

If you are like me, to make things easier, on my Berry I name my ringtones with prefixes like the standard ringtones... "Notifier_", "Tune_" etc. However, I was a bit upset to find that they didn't sort on the list when I go to select one to assign to an event.

Well, turns out that it is sorting, but by mp3tag, not by filename! So, if you correctly edit the tags, then things sort correctly and all your "Notfiers_" will be together etc.

Thought others might be able to use this.
    But I couldn't get it to recognize ringtones.
    07-21-08 08:29 AM
    i *think they are added by date added... if you remove them all, sort by name and add them again perhaps this would work?

i dont have the time, but will test this theory later!
    07-21-08 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD