Hi all!
    I got my flip about a month ago and have been loving it so far. I've never had a BB so it's a definite upgrade from the prior phones I've had. I'm just glad they did a flip (even though I get dirty looks from blackberry snobs) because I personally never liked the look of bb until this one.

But, in the last couple of days I've had some strange behavior come up. Please read below and let me know if you have any insight or similar experiences with these issues:

1) On friday, I was out and the phone was in the car. I had an alarm set on it that went off while I was out, so when I got back it was displayed on the external screen. But, even after I dismissed the alarm, it stayed on the outside screen. I manually went to the clock and turned the alarm off completely, and it still stayed frozen on the screen! Instead of displaying the clock like it should when I shut the phone, it would show this alarm reminder. I ended up having to do a battery pull, which fixed the issue, but I found it rather odd regardless. I did accidentally leave the phone in the charger all night and day, and I wonder if overcharging could make it freak out? For now i'm blaming the full moon (I had some other full moon-ish issues with other things in my life that day as well), but just curious what your thoughts are.

2) Last night I was outside in my yard on the phone with my friend. I had a dropped call (which I don't know who to blame quite yet, but it was probably me) so I went to call my friend again. It would let me navigate the phone, but every time I clicked to call him it would just sit there (never initiate the call). A couple times I got it to initiate, but then got a Call Failed message. The whole time it was showing that I had 3 or 4 bars on the EDGE network, so there shouldn't have been any issue. It took me five minutes of trying to finally get through. What baffles me is that I have plenty of bars in that area, so why was there a dropped call and why couldn't it connect again? My house has a wireless network and usually my phone is on UMA, but when I went outside it switched to EDGE. I tend to pace/walk around my yard/porch when I'm on the phone, so do you think it was getting confused and trying to switch between UMA and EDGE while I was on the call?

3) Leading me into my next question: since then I have not been able to connect via UMA in my house. I know that my wireless network is working because I'm on the internet now and I've pinged the network a few times from my phone with success. But I have played and played around with connecting and still cannot connect UMA to my network. This has never been an issue in the past. I went to the diagnostics screen and it's showing an error code of W005.6. When I looked up this error code, it says "T-Mobile network error - Retry." What is this? How can I get it to connect UMA again? And I'd prefer to not hear battery pull (unless that's the only way) because I just did this two days ago and imo I should not have to constantly be doing battery pulls to get this thing to work properly.

Please let me know your thoughts. If I still don't see improvement I may talk to my sales guy and see about replacing, but I'm not at that stage yet. Sorry for the epic poem, I appreciate your patience and support.

Thanks!
    Sumosha
    09-07-09 10:40 AM
    Did you set the router to b/g and changing channels to like 11. Whenever I'm @ home I always switch to wifi only. Try changing channels first that ususally works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 10:52 AM
    I'm on my fourth replacement 8220 and it has the same problem you describe about not connecting to my wireless network. It also will not make calls from time-to-time just like yours. I spent over an hour on the phone with T-Mobile blackberry tech support last Friday trying to fix the problem. The final conclusion was the phone has a bad radio and will be replaced. Only this time I'm not getting another 8220 I'm getting the 8320 curve.

I've wasted lots of hours on the phone with T-Mobile tech support and I just cannot depend on this phone. I live in an area with almost no T-Mobile signal and inside my house I cannot make or receive calls so I must depend on UMA and that's great when the phone works, but I'm phoneless (if that''s a word) if it won't connect to my network.
    09-08-09 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD