i've been having some issues here and there with my pearl lately and didnt know how to fix them.

First off my pearl has been dropped several times, i dont hear any loose parts or see anything borken but it might contribute to it.

When i pick up a phone call, no matter what profile i'm on, the call immediately starts on speakerphone for about 1-2 seconds and then switches to headset. its a little annoying being in the library and picking up a phone and hearing the other person on speakerphone!

2nd my call logs, messages keep getting erased. i DO NOT have the minimum 12,000,000 file space available like i've read around here, i'm working to delete applications and run the MaxMem software to get me there, i'm assuming that is my issue.

My phone sometimes doesnt play the ringtones. When it is on loud especailly. Normal works most of the time, but Loud takes like 5 rings for it to start actually playinig the ringtone. I have had this issue as well with my alarm clock. It seems like my loud profile is messed up. If i have it on loud it usually = quiet!

is this my phone being banged up or can these be fixed?
    11-22-08 06:11 PM
    You're right on with the memory issue, check link in my signature for help with that. As far as your other issues, have you recently upgraded your OS?
    11-22-08 06:36 PM
    I've had some major problems with my pearl too. I'm pretty sure it only worked properly for about 2 weeks.
    The Problem is one I've heard from other pearl users. The Main problem I'm having is with text messaging. I'll attempt to send a message, sometimes it won't send, others i won't recieve a reply. The apparent fix is to turn the phone off, pull out the battery, and restart the phone. honestly if I didn't have to do it so often i wouldn't mind, but i'm having to do it daily. The Next problem is with phone calls and it also deals with sending and recieving, I'll answer a phone call and not hear anything, they can hear me though. So naturally I hang up and call back, I hear nothing, no ringing nothing, the only fix is to again reset the phone.

so... after 4 months of doing this daily I go into my local Verizon Wireless store, they put me on the phone with Tech support (the same people I've been dealing with) we check the phone, he does a few things, he says it's fine and that he'll call again at 4 the next afternoon. I get home, I'm doing my thing and I realize my phone has been strangely quiet all day, so I attempt to use it to find that my phone doesn't work, I can't place or receive a call, send or recieve a text, or even use the internet. Basically all it's good for is a calculator, and a baseball. I call VZW, and am on the phone for the next hour, i go through the same crap I've gone through to find that there is no fix. So they're sending me a new phone. So now I get to spend a few days without a phone. I know a few days isn't too bad, but still It's quite frustrating.

If the same problems occur on my newest phone I will probably go ballistic.
    Can anyone sympathize?
    11-23-08 05:36 PM
    My friend has the Pearl from Verizon and she had to replace it 3 times in a year for various problems like the ones mentioned here and more. The adhesive bleeds on to the screen, missed calls do not show up, track ball becomes loose, etc.

I am planning to get one but after reading more on here it seems that there are two categories of Pearl users: the ones who really love their Pearlies and have no problems, and the ones who really love their Pearlies but having all kinds of problems. Should I take the plunge and find out if I'll be lucky?
    11-23-08 07:58 PM
    I have had no problems with mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 08:07 PM
    My pearl has served me well most of the time. It has had its issues here and there, but being a user of windows mobile and palm; this phone has been very reliable. Palm was pretty reliable but just extrmerly ancient.

I have not upgraded the os at all. These started happening within the last month as my 1 year warranty is ending...hmmm... Wonder if that has anything to do with it?!

I cleaned the memory and it runs smoother but for example today instead of my alarm on loud waking me up at 7am I woke myself up at 730. It is on ring and vibrate, next to my head! I get the feeling my pearl wants me to sleep in.

Like mentioned above the most success I've had is from turning off and removing the battery for resurrection
    11-24-08 11:11 AM
    Goto profiles/ scroll down to Advanced, check your settings for each one, i think u should look @ Vibrate + Ring.. (on Loud u said right?)

the Number of vibrations setting is probably different than the one in normal...

Each profile; Loud/Quiet/Normal etc. has different notification settings under advanced..
    11-24-08 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD